Customer Financial Services Representative (Accounts Receivable) - Tokyo
Posted Jan 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 113076
Bloomberg ignites the power of information and technology to bring clarity to a sophisticated world. A global financial information and news leader that provides influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology and provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally.
In a career at Bloomberg, you will play a vital role in making it all happen. You will be joining a team of solution-finders, with a real passion for providing superb customer service in a fast-paced environment. Exciting. Surprising. Purposeful. Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it is never dull. We are a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
What’s the role?
Our Client Financial Services team is responsible for ensuring the collection of aged receivables and timely application of payments, while working alongside internal departments to answer client queries and bring them to a resolution.
At Bloomberg, we pride ourselves on platinum customer service. In this role you will have the opportunity to work closely alongside the New York billing team to resolve pricing issues and invoice disputes, as well as work with Sales to build strong working relationships and identify key areas for improvement.
We’ll trust you to:
- Log all collection notes in our database or the internal ticketing system
- Be accountable for a sizable collections portfolio and meet specific, targeted goals related to the aging of open receivables
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements
- Be responsible for processing customer refunds, write-offs, escheatable items, and preparing delinquent customers for third party collections
- Collaborate with our internal Sales, Contracts, Installations and Billing Teams to resolve outstanding issues
Who are you?
Bloomberg Accounting Operations is seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to join the Tokyo Client Financial Services department. As part of this fast-paced team, you will learn various aspects of Accounts Receivable, Billing, and Contracts within the APAC Region.
You’ll need to have:
- 3-5 years of experience in customer service and accounting operations, corporate collections, and/or Accounts Receivable
- Business level proficiency in Japanese and English
- Ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot and solve complex problems while utilizing multiple system interfaces and addressing a high volume of work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly under pressure to meet deadlines
- Flexibility within a constantly changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate effectively with team members
- Strong attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- Proven ability at successfully managing a large-scale account portfolio
- Previous experience in a customer service or client-facing role
- Knowledge of SAP
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Project management experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.