Customer Service Contracts Representative - Japanese Speaker - Tokyo
Posted Nov 7, 2023 - Requisition No. 121451
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
The Contracts team is a part of the Bloomberg Finance and Admin department. It is deeply ingrained in the customer service and operations of the organization. The role of a Contracts Coordinator in this business is to provide excellent customer service to a large global client base. The Contracts team is responsible for the operational and logistical management of the contracts processes across all Bloomberg groups and products. We work in a very fast paced environment, where prioritization and operational excellence are key. We work towards ambitious individual and team goals. As an individual contributor on this team, your day to day will consist of handling client support tasks (70+daily) through order creation and contract delivery to contract execution and archival. We are responsible for mitigating risk through proper legal documentation and the management of our client database.
We'll trust you to:
Have strong multi-tasking skills:
- Receive and analyze Service Order Requests (SORs) – check that all the data is accurate and determine which paperwork is required to ensure legal and regulatory needs are accurately fulfilled for the client and Bloomberg
- Ensure contracts are issued to our clients timely and accurately
- Manage direct requests from internal and external clients on all operational contract inquiries that contribute to the finalization of the sales process as well as mitigating disruptions to clients' ongoing product support
- Manage contract receipt and archival
Have strong attention to detail and analytical approach:
- Maintain global agreements and customer legal entity databases, ensuring appropriate documentation is signed by the clients, and that database integrity is maintained
- Mitigate risk for Bloomberg and our Customers by providing stewardship on Contracts related processes and implementing policy guidelines
- Manage the operational and contractual changes for clients who are undergoing changes to their name, corporate structure, merger/acquisition while ensuring no disruption to the clients services/regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of legal contracts for all lines of business (different types of Bloomberg products) and relevant procedures (contracts team procedures relating to onboarding clients for different types of services Bloomberg provides)
Drive platinum Customer Service:
- Partner with Bloomberg Sales, Operations, Accounting, Installations and Negotiations and Compliance teams globally to provide a seamless customer experience throughout the order and ongoing product lifecycle
- Effectively communicate between internal and external partners, and collaborate closely on issue management and resolution times
- Think ahead to identify next steps and consequences of events or actions and evaluate whether arguments or cases are complete and sound
Be Technically Inclined:
- Use various research and knowledge platforms to complete daily responsibilities
- Troubleshoot technology failures to allow business to move forward seamlessly
- Liaise with Engineering and Project Managers to design, implement, and test new functionality (e.g. enabling clients to sign contracts electronically using the Bloomberg online platform)
As tenure progresses job role will evolve as well to require:
- Manage projects – track project milestones and report back to all stakeholders (projects may vary from internal system enhancement testing to account name changes of large clients due to company merger/acquisition)
- Be aligned with various Sales groups as a subject matter expert for targeted client support
You'll need to have:
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Japanese
- Experience dealing with contracts such as vendor contracts, customer service related contracts etc., and data maintenance
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service roles (interacting with both internal and external clients - customer support or account management roles)
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- A results-oriented approach: have the drive and energy to achieve excellent results
- Ability to display confidence, emotional intelligence, and decisiveness throughout your daily responsibilities
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Strong aptitude for learning various systems in a fast-paced environment (Bloomberg Terminal, Microsoft Suite, SAP, Kofax)
We’d love to see:
- Experience using the Bloomberg Professional Service (the Terminal)
- Keen eye for workflow efficiency opportunities
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.