Deputy Head of Sales, Bloomberg Media - APAC, Tokyo
Posted Jun 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 104727
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions - our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is looking to hire a dynamic individual to lead advertising sales and act as Deputy Head of Sales, APAC. Reporting into Managing Director, APAC Media Sales and Marketing, you will lead all advertising revenue across all of Bloomberg's platforms - Television, Radio, Digital, OTT, Live events and Magazines in the respective locations. You will be required to travel frequently across the region.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive advertising sales revenue for all Bloomberg's platforms, setting sales strategy, sales targets and drive execution of all advertising sales deals in Asia
- Be a hands-on manager, spending a significant amount of time in meeting clients and developing existing and new business opportunities
- Be accountable for sales planning, pipelines, forecasts and all sales activity in the regions
- Collaborate across departments and key internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on clients, deals and partnerships
- Drive growth conversations with both internal stakeholders and external partners with new ideas and strategic partnerships with a ‘One Bloomberg approach’
- Align best practices from one region to another to create a cohesive and constantly improving sales environment with learning from and across the regions especially focusing on global key accounts
- Evaluate market position and competency of our products relative to our competitors and how we can drive revenue performance in the competitive landscape
- Collaborate with product heads to build innovative advertising products and find ways to build a truly differentiated advertising business in the markets this role is responsible for
- Collaborate with platform heads and editorial to find innovative ways to monetize the various platforms in the markets
- Identify cost and time efficiencies by reviewing and refining processes and workflow with a view to support a scaled growth in advertising sales.
- Manage and develop sales teams in the respective regions, focusing on building high performance culture oriented on achieving ambitious sales targets and collaboration
- Act as a Deputy Head of Sales, APAC for all APAC business and people related activities, as required
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of working experience in advertising sales and marketing in media/digital industry across APAC
- Strong track record in managing and executing a sales plan, pipelines, revenue forecasts
- Understanding of different media landscapes and strong track record of new business development at the client level
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and instinct for revenue-generating activities
- Strong hands-on and strategic organizational and managerial skills
- Experience leading, developing and retaining high performing and diverse teams
- Experience in setting a sales strategy for the regions and communicating it clearly
- Exceptional English communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and emotional intelligence skills to be an effective problem solver
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meanwhile please check out www.bloombergmedia.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.