Desktop Support Technician - Tokyo
Posted Oct 23, 2023 - Requisition No. 121021
Bloomberg Employee Operations provides technical support for all in house IT systems and is crucial to the smooth operation of our internal IT systems at Bloomberg. We form Bloomberg's backbone providing IT support for all of our 24,000 employees. We strive for exceptional customer service while taking a detail oriented approach to addressing our employee needs quickly and efficiently.
What's the role?
As a Desktop Support Technician, your role will be to manage and be a point of escalation for a team of technician vendors that are providing both remote and desk side support for our mixed environment of Windows & Mac OS to our internal employees. In addition to this, you will be supporting other systems including Mobile, AV, Networks, Infrastructure etc. Support is coordinated via phone, ticketing systems and chat. Full training on the Bloomberg software and ticketing systems will be provided.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide global remote technical support
- Provide desk side support for any hardware related issues
- Support occasional maintenance out of business hours
- Provide exceptional level of customer service
- Be a point of technical and user escalation for the technician vendors and our internal employees
- Manage the vendor’s performance, KPI and SLA
- Work with our vendor partners to onboard the right resources, provide training, and regular reviews
- Clearly communicate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical employees
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment demonstrating high energy with a sense of urgency and decisiveness
- Manage and deliver projects on time
You’ll need to have:
- Business level Japanese and English
- Experience in providing IT support within a dynamic, fast-paced business environment
- Phenomenal customer service skills and think through IT related problems logically
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems and using Active Directory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A real passion for technology and keeping up with current trends in the IT field
We’d love to see:
- Mac OS X experience
- Knowledge of Cisco telephony
- Audio Visual support experience
What’s it like to work here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives, from helping local school kids with their reading, to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for