ESG Thematic Analyst - Tokyo
Posted Dec 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 112476
Bloomberg Intelligence provides comprehensive views on industries and their key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis, industry data, and interactive charting and functions on 135 industries and 2,000 companies from a team of independent experts, giving investment and corporate professionals deep insights into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next. Research that generates creative investment ideas and simplifies strategic and financing recommendations - by investment professionals, for investment professionals. That's intelligence our clients can count on.
Bloomberg Intelligence ESG team delivers both bottom up and top down, data-driven and financially-informed ESG research that complements conventional financial analysis and provides critical insights to help investors make better informed investment decision. For example by better understanding how climate change and the energy transition trends increasingly impact industries' landscape, supply chains, companies fundamentals and competitiveness as well as portfolio construction.
We are looking for a highly-motivated research analyst to join our team, focusing on the intersection ESG, thematic and financial research based in Tokyo.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop a data-driven and financially-informed ESG thematic research franchise by publishing interactive research and models while working closely with sales and promoting the insight, data and models through meetings, events and media
- Publish thematic research – using Bloomberg data as well as your ESG thematic expertise to develop strategic ESG and thematic insight, models, baskets that always highlight investment conclusions
- Include investment implications on sectors and companies that may be impacted or that may benefit in each report
- Strengthen the analysis of ESG topics and themes by crafting thematic baskets or portfolio strategies
- Further deepen the analysis by analysing the performance and risk/return profile related to ESG theme on a quarterly basis for example
- Develop reliable proprietary models to help track and generate interactive analysis and regular updates
- Deliver engaging research – by reacting to market or companies’ announcements and assess their investment implications.
- Actively promote the research analysis backed by models, data, baskets or indices by partnering with sales, meeting clients and communicating via various channels including webinars, events, and also potentially the media
- At least 5 years of ESG or thematic research experience, with exposure to both ESG thematic (climate themes for example) and fundamental financial analysis
- Knowledge of the Japanese ESG market, trends as well as a strong client and regulatory network in Japan
- Experience in sell side, buy side and other research providers
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Japanese
- Strong analytical capabilities and in modelling to drive and support analysis
- Knowledge of financial markets data, trends, and dynamics – global and Japanese trends
- Ability to be a self-starter, independent-thinker, and a collaborative team-player
- Outstanding primary research and writing skills
- Understanding of key ESG, scientific, policy, and market developments related to various themes that are shaping corporate action, industry landscapes and investment decisions
- Master's degree or certification such as a CFA Charterholder
- Understanding of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance/accounting with proven experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Passion in interacting with Bloomberg customers. Ideally, adept at articulating thematic strategy concepts to senior leadership and investors
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; Intermediate proficiency in Python
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.