ESG, Data Specialist, Tokyo
Posted Aug 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 93125
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is increasingly crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis alone. Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital, and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify emerging risks and opportunities. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics, and proprietary scores. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients integrate ESG risk and opportunity analysis into their workflows.
You're the type of person who looks beyond the headline with a keen eye for detail because you know how data inspires market trends, breaking news, and analysis. With ever increasing coverage and demand for timely data, you will be responsible for managing priorities of different initiatives and for utilizing industry knowledge to help drive decisions and generate new dataset offerings. You will need to know your customer, their challenges, and their workflows. With this insight, you will bring creative ideas to the table on how we can make our data integration seamless and more efficient.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Manage large and complex data projects related to ESG datasets
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects across quality and coverage initiatives, including procuring content to support best-in-class coverage
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering as well as external stakeholders such as regulatory bodies to enhance relevant product databases
- Apply problem-solving and data analysis skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS with strong academic standing
- 1-2 years of work experience working in ESG data analysis, research, and/or sustainability reporting
- Experience in one or more ESG themes, with a preference for experience with and desire to focus on Environmental and/or Social topics in particular
- Demonstrated experienced contributing meaningfully to conversations with clients about the integration of ESG into investment decision-making
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with internal stakeholders
- Keen interest in data management, technology and product development
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English and Japanese
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder
- ESG-related education such as CFA ESG examination, SASB FSA certification, etc.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the ESG market, with preference for experience working with a range of disclosure frameworks and standards, including but not limited to TCFD, SASB, GRI
- Experience with carbon and/or water accounting
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, quantitative modelling, or programming and applied data analysis skills, with proficiency using Excel as well as SQL, R, or Python
- Working knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org