Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data Department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our team of Analysts manages the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal – the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they use their expertise to help implement technology solutions which improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum support to our client base.
At Bloomberg, we are constantly looking to take things to the next level, and our Global Data team in Tokyo is looking for a trilingual Earnings Estimates Data Analyst to join our team covering the South Korea market as well as part of our Japan portfolio.
We are looking to hire candidates with at least business level proficiency in Japanese, Korean and English. The position will be based in our Tokyo office.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, process and maintain earnings estimates and analyst recommendations data on the Bloomberg Terminal
- Liaise with sell side brokers to improve coverage, timeliness and quality of research contributions
- Generate new data-driven content for clients to demonstrate the strengths of our data products
- Participate in business development projects, represent the APAC region in collaboration with your global colleagues to deliver better products to clients
- Identify potential product value-adding opportunities from market trends and client demand/inquiries
- Constantly grow and deepen the understanding of the equity product and how it relates to the market and our customers
- Proactively challenge the existing flow to ensure better product workflow and quality etc
- Become a true ‘go-to’ person for our business and clients in your area of expertise
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering on both local and global levels
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to tight deadlines while deliver promising results
- Fast learning ability with openness for constructive feedback and willingness for improvement
- Ability to identify patterns and trends and relate different key pieces of information and translate such into meaningful insights
- Business fluency in English, Korean and Japanese, with excellent written and spoken communication skills
We’d also love you to have:
- Experience working with clients and senior business stakeholders, with an ability to influence effectively at all levels
- Prior experience of data research or process engineering
- Programming-related knowledge and/or experience (e.g. VBA, SQL, Python or other object-oriented programming languages etc.)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.