Economic Research Editor, Asia – Tokyo
Posted Dec 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 99177
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organization in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
With more than 100 economics reporters and 30 economists worldwide, Bloomberg Economics has an unrivalled capacity to explain where the global economy is and where it is heading. Our economists deliver deep insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows.
What’s the role?
We are seeking a seasoned editor to join our Asia research team. As an editor, you will be responsible for editing research from around the region, from fast turnaround data Reacts and Previews to deep-dive Insights featuring original analysis by our Asia team. You will also need to help the economists quickly turn their analysis of data releases and policy events into smart and accessible prose - with a focus on accuracy, readability and added value to clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Ensure economic analysis and headlines across the Asia team are tightly written, well edited and delivered quickly
- Complement the technical expertise of our economists by exercising news judgement on how to and when to write
- Collaborate with teams across news and research, including editing material for different platforms
- A minimum of 5 recent years of experience in financial journalism
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Experience covering economic news as a reporter or editor
- Excellent editing skills with an eye for details
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
You'll need to have:
We'd also like to see:
- Experience working with economic statistics
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org