Energy Analyst - BloombergNEF, Tokyo
Posted Dec 24, 2019 - Requisition No. 80454
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Japan analysis team as an entry level analyst based in Tokyo. You're one of those people who have a real passion for energy markets, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an outstanding ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our Tokyo office as part of the Japan Analyst team, for BloombergNEF - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact/.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF, we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
What's the role?
You will be responsible for undertaking primary research and analysis on the Japanese market, producing written reports, presentations, tools and other products. You will also be answering client requests and supporting business development through client interactions in both English and Japanese.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and implement market-driving products, data sets, forecasts, and tools
- Collaborate with a high degree of integrity with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interests to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Help our customers truly get to grips with the changing landscape of Japan’s energy and transport market
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
- Analyse complex subjects both quantitatively and qualitatively, and make them understandable and relevant to a wide range of clients with different concerns
- Demonstrate excellent, well-practised quantitative skills
- Form creative opinions, graphically present data and write clearly and concisely
- Balance multiple parallel tasks, be highly organised and have rigorous attention to detail
- Collaborate in global team with a high degree of professionalism, and with colleagues and clients from different cultures
You'll need to have:
- Strong knowledge or demonstrated interest in the energy industry
- Graduate degree in a scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline
- Native or near native level Japanese proficiency
- Communication skills in English: writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media)
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with data
We'd love to see:
- Post-graduate qualifications or professional experience in sciences, engineering or economics
- Internship or work experience in the energy, commodities, oil and gas, finance industries
- Knowledge of the economics of renewable energy, natural gas/LNG, energy storage markets, advanced transport and new technologies
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.