Enterprise Data - APAC Head of Strategic Alliances, Tokyo
Posted Jul 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 117787
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data department develops data offerings that are considered best in class by the capital markets community. Across real time market data, reference data, historical pricing data, and unique analytics we offer:
- The most comprehensive and highest quality content in the industry
- Distribution platforms that are flexible, reliable, fast, and easy to onboard
- Easy to use data that is ready for analysis
- The primary source of information across the front, middle, and back office at the most - respected capital markets firms globally
What's the role?
Building and maintaining a strong partner ecosystem is essential to our success. Capital markets firms use vendor software solutions across the front, middle, and back office. Ensuring that these software solutions are nourished by Bloomberg’s wealth of content offer mutual customers a competitive advantage while oftentimes reducing their total cost of ownership.
As a Head of Strategic Alliances in the 3rd Party Business Strategy team, you will play a meaningful role in identifying and onboarding new vendor partners, growing strategic relationships with existing partners, and working with Sales and Product Development teams to define strategies that grow revenue through partner channels.
The ideal candidate will be customer focused, have a balanced business and technology competence, and possess a genuine passion for FinTech in Capital Markets. You will use an ambitious spirit and inquisitive approach to find opportunities but know that hard work, hands-on engagement, and attention to detail is what brings solutions to market and differentiates us from our competitors.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead registrations and engagements with strategic vendor partners to our Enterprise Data business. This includes the initial screenings, managing contracts, writing RFPs, and direct negotiations
- Serve as Industry and Product experts of our partner solutions, building positive relationships with them through knowledge sharing, insights, and credibility
- Engage with Product Development, Sales, Customers, and Vendor partners to ensure solutions meet customer needs and are positioned strategically
- Develop go-to market strategies and supporting materials to ensure that we are improving revenue from our partner pipelines
- Keen desire to keep up with market trends to drive thought leadership both internally and externally
You'll need to have:
- Experience with the technology that drives capital market firms
- Experience with the data required to facilitate decision making across the Front, Middle, and Back office
- Strong understanding of capital markets, banking, asset management, risk, and/or the trade lifecycle
- Experience leading sophisticated tri-party relationships
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills that will drive adoption of our offerings
- Entrepreneurial mentality, revenue-focus, and comfort working in a non-hierarchical, large global organization
- Ability to present and write to clients and partners in English and Japanese
- Ability and willingness to travel around APAC, once feasible
We’d love to see:
- Technical or Management degrees
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.