What's the role?
In this "Player /Coach" role, you are responsible for leading, motivating and developing a regional APAC team who provide the primary technical interface into Bloomberg for some of our largest clients.
You'll be hands-on in driving the team to execute support to help our clients make major technology & data decisions. On a daily basis, under your guidance and support, the team services our clients through taking complex inquiries with the expectation that you are a point of escalation for clients and colleagues.
Based in Tokyo, as part of the leadership of our Enterprise Solutions team in the region, you'll enable our customers to gain maximum benefit from their partnership with Bloomberg by helping them gain a detailed understanding of how our products and services can solve real problems for their business.
We'll trust you to concentrate on the below 4 core focus areas;
1: LEADERSHIP & TALENT MANAGEMENT
- Motivate the team to perform at the peak of their potential and build team spirit
- Coaching & developing of the team members
- Ability to give clear, constructive and actionable feedback
- Collaborate closely with other offices (HK/SP/BJG/AU/LO/TO/NYC in particular) to drive projects and maintain a cross-regional operation.
- Partner with the account team (Sales and Product Specialists) to identify and qualify sales opportunities
- Collaborate with Sales to maximise revenue
- Understand client technical priorities and objectives and map Bloomberg solutions against those requirements
- Provide inputs on proposed requirements for implementing and supporting new products based upon a thorough analysis of client feedback
- Form a comprehensive and cohesive plan in collaboration with the client for integration into target businesses across multiple regions
- Team lead the engagement leveraging the necessary internal resources to ensure a successful delivery of the agreed solution
4: ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Provide technical subject matter expertise across the Enterprise Solutions product portfolio
- Ensure a consistent, cohesive and comprehensive level of service delivery into all accounts
- Forge deep relationships across the client's technology teams within both the vertical IT and business silos (Equities, FICC, FX etc.) and horizontal functions (CTO, Architecture, Infrastructure, Sourcing etc.)
- Attain a deep and extensive understanding of your client's architecture, infrastructure and application environment
What do I need to apply?
- Strong technical market data analysis experience and knowledge of financial market data products, delivery services, APIs and protocol technologies.
- Broad knowledge and experience of market data tools, reporting, entitlement and administration systems
- Knowledge of the concepts of market data compliance rules & regulations
- Awareness of software development, actual working experience with development would be great to see, but it's not essential- Awareness of trading applications and systems is also desirable
- Fluency in Japanese is a MUST!
During the interview process we would love to hear about:
- Your strong presentation and communication skills and a desire to lead
- Your ability to manage your time effectively, multi-task and work well under pressure in a team environment
- Your prior experience in coaching and people management
- Your Enterprise Selling exposure
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/?utm_source=bloomberg-menu&bbgsum=DG-WS-09-13-ES-bbgmenu
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.