Enterprise Data - Technical Support Representative - Tokyo
Posted May 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 103379
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1bn business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. We provide a vast number of datasets that cover all asset classes, via multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling options. This means our clients get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
We’re looking for a passionate, motivated, service-orientated individual to come join our team. You’ll be trained to quickly and accurately identify problems, and then perform detailed & meaningful diagnostic & troubleshooting to identify the root cause. If needed, you’ll escalate the issue internally, all whilst ensuring our clients receive an exceptional, seamless support experience.
You are professional and personable, intelligent and analytical, and keen to join a diverse team that provides round-the-clock support to our Enterprise Data clients. You're a solution-provider, with a passion for providing platinum technical support. You are able to get results by working closely with team members and colleagues around the organization, but are also not afraid of making independent decisions when situation demands. You are an aspiring leader who operates with high impact and is keen to demonstrate your organizational and management skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with technical and market data contacts at client firms to help resolve & prevent issues that may impact their businesses
- Handle escalations to internal Bloomberg groups such as Network Operations, Global Data, Data Feed teams, Implementation and Engineering
- Take ownership of questions and technical issues reported by clients and provide direct support using telephone, ticket systems & email, and, if necessary, in person when feasible
- Actively troubleshoot to recreate reported customer issues on internal, client simulated & test system environments OR by actually carrying out diagnostic work on the clients' own test/UAT systems
- Identify opportunities to implement and drive adoption of self-service solutions to meet client needs
- Identify team and personal workflow efficiencies through tooling and process improvement
- Maintain the health and availability of our systems through alerting, monitoring, capacity management, instrumenting, and reporting
- Partner with sales and account management to build and strengthen client relationships
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years experience in a customer facing position involving the support of a technical product.
- An understanding of cloud architecture (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- An analytical and problem solving mindset
- A passion for customer service
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex and time sensitive issues
- A basic understanding of market data and associated financial instruments
- Ability to derive requirements from stakeholders via email, meetings, and conference calls
- Fluency in Japanese and English
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in Korean
- UNIX skills with ability to investigate technical issues or willingness to learn
- Experience working with a scripting language or programming language (i.e Shell, Perl, Python, .NET, Java or C++)
- A basic conceptual understanding of Web Services and REST API's
- Experience with database querying languages such as SQL, NoSQL or similar
- Exposure to architectural design in order to facilitate client adoption of Bloomberg's Enterprise Data products and services
- CFA or related financial services certifications
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/content-and-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.