Enterprise Sales - Account Manager, Buy-Side ERM team - Tokyo
Posted May 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 91007
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You’ll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people. It gives us the edge.
What’s the role?
As a Account Manager in the Buy-Side ERM team, you will be responsible for the growth, retention, and management of one of our largest, most strategic relationships. You will have daily interactions with these clients in supporting our users across the Japanese market. This role heavily interacts with multiple internal business areas across regions, ensuring effective collaborations in providing best solutions and service to our clients. Strong communication and project management skills are essential for this client-facing role. There will also be opportunities for deeper product exposure and training.
We will trust you to:
- Build valuable, trusted and enduring relationships with your customers.
- Build an in-depth understanding around our client’s workflow for direct execution.
- Take responsibility for growing our client base through prospecting, relationship management, referrals, cross-selling and attending external events/conferences.
- Provide detailed feedback to our product development teams to help us continuously improve so we can anticipate our client’s future needs.
- Make the best use of our flat corporate structure to network across various departments; relying on specific expertise to help deliver solutions to our clients.
You'll need to have:
- Strong understanding of financial markets including a strong grasp of buy-side work flows and user types.
- Proven track record of outstanding customer service, ideally servicing Financial Institutions.
- At least 2 years of experience in a client facing role, successfully managing relationships, retaining terminals, and spotting opportunities.
- Ability to identify opportunities to grow existing business relationships.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Aptitude to excel in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment.
- Fluency in both English and Japanese (speaking and writing)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.