Enterprise Sales - Account Manager, Index Sales - Tokyo
Posted Sep 8, 2023 - Requisition No. 118714
Bloomberg offers an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfill their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. We also provide an array of services to clients interested in custom index development, investable index products designed to offer access to systematic strategies (beta, “smart” beta, and alpha), index administration and calculation agent services. Bloomberg Indices are driven by the same trusted quality reference data, pricing and analytical calculations that integrate seamlessly to our customers investment ecosystem.
What’s the role?
You’ll be joining a highly experienced, motivated, and fast-growing Index sales team in Asia Pacific that sits within Global Financial Solutions Sales. We are looking for an Account Manager to support our expanding Relationship Management team. Your overall responsibility includes working closely with the team to develop Business Strategy, Strategic Client Partnerships, and Product that will contribute to the expansion of Bloomberg’s Asia Pacific Index franchise.
The Account Management role will be based in Tokyo, with coverage spanning across North and South Asia markets. Together with the team, you will represent Bloomberg’s suite of Index Products and Solutions within these markets, focusing on supporting the execution of business strategies that deepen revenue and client partnerships across the Asset Owner, Asset Management, and Investment Banking community.
You will be a key supporter in articulating our value proposition and the strategic vision throughout the organization. You will also be a key contributor in identifying our customer’s product vision and translating commercial opportunities to Product development teams. This includes supporting in-depth discussions regarding Bloomberg index methodology, creating, and delivering presentations and proposals, and managing contract discussions.
As a fast expanding sales division within Asia, your entrepreneurial mindset will be especially valuable as you collaborate with Research, Product, Marketing, PR, Support, and Global Sales Teams to scale and shape the index industry. Your passion and knowledge of the financial institutional industry will be critical to keep pace with Index trends, local regulations and customer needs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Identify and develop commercial opportunities and strategic client partnerships that will enable us to play a major role in benchmark provision in the region
- Conduct in-depth discussions regarding our index methodology and new product requirements
- Increase client usage and adoption of our Bloomberg Indices
- Take a lead role in conducting internal and external training sessions and sales pitches
- Work with clients throughout the sales process including commercial terms and contract execution
- Collaborate extensively with different internal teams to cross-sell our suite of solutions
- Provide detailed product feedback from clients to internal business managers to continually improve our products
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 3 years of client facing experience in a revenue generation role, ideally facing buy-side customers and/or having an understanding of the Index industry ecosystem
- An astute commercial mind-set, working to exceed sales metrics
- Demonstrable ability to identify new prospects and build and maintain solid client relationships
- Excellent communication skills in English, in conversational speech, writing, and public speaking
- A self-starter and dedicated collaborator with strong multi-tasking skills
- Fluency in English and Japanese
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.