Enterprise Sales - Data Management Services Sales - Tokyo
Posted Dec 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 112533
Bloomberg Data Management Services (DMS) is part of Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1.9B business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking the time to understand their unique business while focusing on specific data and technology needs.
DMS has a mission to "Simplify Data Management". DMS provides a managed service that provides improvements in Data Quality, Operational Process and Control, and Data Governance. Firms that contribute to utilising DMS can eliminate data inconsistencies inherent in working with multiple vendors and lower overall costs, providing these firms with a strategic advantage.
What's the role?
You will be part of a growing business within a division that has achieved double-digit sales growth year over year! You will be responsible for the entire suite of data management solutions, including solutions that address the challenges of managing Bloomberg content, multi-vendor ESG sources, and cloud connectivity. You will work directly with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs so that you can provide consultative solutions that address their data management needs and solidify us as a trusted business partner. You'll bring with you a deep understanding of data management around a financial organisation, across asset managers, hedge funds and sell-side institutions. You will demonstrate how data management solutions delivered by managed services can help lower total cost of ownership and maximise return on investment. You are well-versed in forming trusted relationships with C-level executives, experienced in long selling cycles, and can confidently articulate how technology solutions can help achieve business goals.
We’ll trust you to:
- Drive annual sales and revenue targets for DMS in APAC
- Build and execute on sales strategies while collaborating with internal sales and account management groups
- Assist Enterprise Sales members across the organisation on learning how to identify data management sales opportunities
- Effectively build a sales pipeline and accurately handle forecasts throughout the sales cycle
- Validate the client workflow and engage the appropriate technical and client service resources where necessary
- Interact frequently with clients and prospects through calls and on-site visits
- Maintain strong industry and product knowledge of the full data management suite of solutions, its integration points with other Bloomberg products, and competitor/3rd party offerings
- Acquire knowledge of customer technology stacks, workflows and internal structure
- Demonstrate your knowledge to build and maintain credibility with clients, identify gaps and recommend solutions and deliver on revenue-generating and adoption/usage goals
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 5 years of client facing experience in Financial Services or a Financial Technology company
- Business proficiency in Japanese language, to support our Japanese speaking clients
- Experience in data governance frameworks
- Exposure or experience of cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience in consultative sales of enterprise data solutions
- Proven track record in accurate pipeline management from initial lead to close
- Ability to establish, develop, and maintain key relationships within strategic accounts, including C-suite
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Availability for business travel when needed
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.