Enterprise Sales - Index Sales Account Manager - Tokyo
Posted Sep 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 93951
Bloomberg offers an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfill their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. We also provide an array of services to clients interested in custom index development, investable index products designed to offer access to systematic strategies (beta, “smart” beta, and alpha), index administration and calculation agent services. Bloomberg Indices are driven by the same trusted quality reference data, pricing and analytical calculations that integrate seamlessly to our customers investment ecosystem.
What’s the role?
You’ll be joining a highly experienced, motivated, and fast-growing Index sales team in Asia Pacific that sits within Global Financial Product Sales. We are looking for 2 account management professionals to support our expanding Relationship Management team. Your overall responsibility includes working closely with the team to develop Business Strategy, Strategic Client Partnerships, and Product that will contribute to the expansion of Bloomberg’s Asia Pacific Index franchise.
The 2 Account Management positions will be based in Hong Kong and/or Japan, with coverage spanning across North and South Asia markets. Together with the team, you will represent Bloomberg’s suite of Index Products and Solutions within these markets, focusing on supporting the execution of business strategies that deepen revenue and client partnerships across the Asset Owner, Asset Management, and Investment Banking community.
You will be a key supporter in articulating our value proposition and the strategic vision throughout the organization. You will also be a key contributor in identifying our customer’s product vision and translating commercial opportunities to Product development teams. This includes supporting in-depth discussions regarding Bloomberg index methodology, creating, and delivering presentations and proposals, and managing contract discussions.
As a newly dedicated sales division within Asia, your entrepreneurial mindset will be especially valuable as you collaborate with Research, Product, Marketing, PR, Support, and Global Sales Teams to scale and shape the index industry. Your passion and knowledge of the financial institutional industry will be critical to keep pace with Index trends, local regulations and customer needs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Identify and develop commercial opportunities and strategic client partnerships that will enable us to play a major role in benchmark provision in the region
- Conduct in-depth discussions regarding our index methodology and new product requirements
- Increase client usage and adoption of our Bloomberg Indices
- Take a lead role in conducting internal and external training sessions and sales pitches
- Work with clients throughout the sales process including commercial terms and contract execution
- Collaborate extensively with different internal teams to cross-sell our suite of solutions
- Provide detailed product feedback from clients to internal business managers to continually improve our products
You’ll need to have:
- An astute commercial mind-set, working to exceed sales metrics
- Demonstrable ability to identify new prospects and build and maintain solid client relationships
- Excellent communication skills in English, in conversational speech, writing, and public speaking
- A self-starter and dedicated collaborator with strong multi-tasking skills
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in additional Asian language/s, especially Mandarin, Cantonese, or Japanese
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/indices/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.