Enterprise Sales - Index Sales Representative - Tokyo
Posted Sep 19, 2019 - Requisition No. 78249
Our Portfolio & Index Sales teams put the industry’s most powerful Portfolio and Risk Analytics Solution (PORT) as well as Bloomberg Barclays Indices and proprietary indices at the fingertips of global investment professionals. Our solutions help our clients make quicker and more informed decision by empowering them with the tools to define appropriate investment universes with benchmarks, successfully implement optimal investment portfolio strategies, easily and accurately measure portfolio risk and return, and streamline their overall investment management workflow.
What's the role?
We’re looking for an experienced business development and licensing specialist for our Index business focusing on the Japanese market. You will be representing our index business, licensing index-linked funds/swaps, our custom index services and our index subscriptions, focusing on financial institutions including banks, asset managers, insurances, and financial consultants. In this role you will be meeting clients on a regular basis, hence excellent communication skills and adeptness at giving product demonstrations and presentations to current clients and prospects is important.
We'll trust you to:
- Establish relationships with Index users throughout the buy- and sell-side communities and represent the Bloomberg indexing business
- Identify opportunities for new index-linked funds, swaps and ETFs, and opportunities for custom index solutions
- Build close working relationships with Sales teams such as the Core Sales and Enterprise Data Sales teams to support the broader Bloomberg sales opportunity
- Negotiate contracts with clients in collaboration with our legal team
- Provide guidance for advertising, events and other marketing activities to increase visibility of indexes and index-linked products
You'll need to have:
- Native Japanese speaker and fluency in English
- Minimum 5 years of index or related financial market experience
- Strong understanding of the use of benchmarks in asset management, financial instruments, structuring, custody and trading
- Industry contacts across both the institutional money management and brokerage communities
- Excellent communication and contract negotiation skills
- Strong marketing skills with a solid ability to articulate the value proposition and vision to expand visibility of indexes
- Aptitude to excel in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- A self-starter and proactive collaborator with strong multi-tasking skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.