Enterprise Sales - Real-time Data Sales Specialist - Tokyo
Posted Oct 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 120727
Enterprise Data is one of the fastest growing businesses within Bloomberg. It’s responsible for delivering our industry leading datasets and technology solutions to financial institutions across the globe, enabling clients to acquire, organize, and distribute data throughout their firm in the most efficient manner. At Bloomberg, change is constant, and as a result we don’t just provide solutions to our customers, but also work in partnership with them as new groundbreaking product innovations are released to address future challenges.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a successful candidate to join our Enterprise Data Sales team in Japan, specializing in Real-Time Data and Technology. You will be responsible for sales of our Real-Time Data Solutions such as our signature B-PIPE feed and platform service, as well as News and other Event Driven feeds for the entire Japan region. You will work closely with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, and build strong relationships through a consultative selling approach.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the network infrastructure and data flow within a financial institution - as it pertains to real-time market data - including which players use it for what purpose. You will demonstrate how the quality, speed, and reliability of Bloomberg's industry leading content and technology service will help clients uncover new revenue streams, digitize workflows, manage risks, and comply with new regulations, all while optimizing their TCO.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive annual sales and revenue targets for the Japan region
- Build and execute on sales strategies at both account and country level, collaborating with other internal sales and account management groups as required
- Work in collaboration with the Enterprise Data salespeople and Technical Client Services Teams to identify and manage new real-time technology sales opportunities until close, as well as identify and expand usage and revenue of existing real-time technology solutions within existing accounts
- Assist Enterprise Sales members on learning how to identify technical sales opportunities
- Frequently interact with clients and prospects through sales calls and onsite visits
- Validate the client workflow and engage the appropriate sales team and technical resources where necessary
- Ensure sales pipeline and forecasts are effectively managed throughout the sales cycle
- Maintain strong product knowledge of the full Technical Solutions suite, its integration points with other Bloomberg products and competitor/3rd party offerings
- Acquire knowledge of Customer technology stacks, workflows, and internal structure (org chart, how decisions are made, and competing products)
You’ll need to have:
- Business fluency in Japanese and English
- Experience in selling enterprise solutions to the local market (preferably in the financial industry)
- Strong track record in consultative selling
- Proven ability in managing the entire sales process from initial lead to close
- Experience in establishing, developing and maintaining key relationships within strategic accounts, including senior client relationships at CxO levels
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results
- Familiarity with our client's business and the challenges they face
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.