Enterprise Services - Compliance Product Support Specialist (BVAULT) - Tokyo
Posted Jan 22, 2024 - Requisition No. 122717
The volume of communication, trade, voice, and social media data along with files and documents generated by regulated companies is growing at a staggering rate. Simultaneously, regulatory scrutiny and the impact of MIFID II on firms in Asia has placed increased pressure to deploy smart, scalable technology and next-generation compliance analytics to minimize risk.
Bloomberg Vault is a secure, hosted compliance solution that enables governance of communication data-based information, file analytics and trade reconstruction across the enterprise. It consolidates compliance, legal and data management processes into an integrated, real-time system to help regulated firms succeed in a transformed environment.
We are looking for someone with the experience and motivations to join our APAC Compliance Product Support (BVAULT) team. Our Compliance Product Support Specialists have a deep knowledge of our clients’ workflow. The team is aligned with Enterprise and Product Sales in the delivery of specialized product support to terminal and off terminal clients in the Compliance space within the Sell-Side and Buy-Side communities. As well as sustaining a sufficient level of product and industry expertise support specialists maintain relationships with key stakeholders for this community of Premium Vault and Bloomberg Terminal users.
What's the role?
The VAULT Support team is a part of Bloomberg Enterprise Services and is deeply ingrained in the customer service and operation of the product. The role of a Support Specialist in this business is to provide excellent customer service to a large global client base, track market and product usage trends, drive developments in conjunction with business managers and engineers, and to seek revenue generation opportunities for Sales and Account Management. We work in a very fast paced environment, where prioritization and operational excellence is key. Things move fast, and we want people who enjoy such environments and who can also help us find even more efficiencies!
As a representative on this team, your day to day will consist of managing client support cases, participating in working groups to optimize internal and client facing processes, involvement in sales campaigns to increase adoption and finding creative solutions for client issues that concern complex 3rd party set ups.
We’ll trust you to:
- Serve as a liaison between customers, sales and product departments to address customer requests on BVAULT
- Take ownership of escalated customer issues and formulate next steps to bring them to resolution
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts across business functions and levels
- Spot market and product usage trends to increase revenue opportunities for Sales and Account Management
- Think out-of-the-box in finding new solutions to provide better services to our customers
- Identify and follow through on opportunities to improve efficiencies and/or enhance the customer experience
- Keep up-to-date with financial markets regulatory trends and developments
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a Financial Services or Technology organisation
- Previous client facing experience (sales support, customer support, etc..) supporting Bloomberg financial compliance or similar regulatory technology or trade surveillance solutions (such as BVAULT, Axiom, Symphony, Finastra)
- Knowledge of financial markets regulatory trends and developments such as MiFID II, Dodd-Frank or similar
- Experience in project management; strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Comfort working with various technologies and basic experience navigating product workflows
- Tenacious and creative problem solving skills
- The ability to be a self-starter to take a proactive approach in the role
- Exemplary presentation and communication skills in English and Japanese
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Bachelor’s degree or degree-equivalent qualifications
We'd love to see:
- Fundamental awareness of technical constructs such as FTP sites, data ingestion and encryption/decryption
- A continued curiosity about the regulatory and/or compliance industries and market developments
- Additional interest with scripting/coding tools and technologies such as Python, VBA or SQL
- Hands on experience with Bloomberg Enterprise products
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/vault/
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.