Enterprise Services - Risk Implementation Specialist - Tokyo
Posted Nov 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 121536
The Risk Implementation team provides our Risk Enterprise clients exceptional service in full implementation and onboarding. This includes scoping, deployment, and integration of our solutions within the framework of their existing businesses. Risk implementations handles multi-asset portfolio risk products, which include Multi-Asset Risk System (MARS) Front Office Risk, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Counterparty Risk, Hedge accounting and Collateral management. We partner with Sales and Account Management throughout the sales process to ensure the solution is a fit for our client's needs. We also work with the Products and Engineering teams to ensure the client has an efficient and exceptional onboarding experience.
What's the role?
Individuals on the team will be required to be well-versed in multi-asset classes, have a technical understanding of data flow, and strong project management skills.
You will need solid relationship management skills and possess advanced product knowledge Risk as well as an in-depth knowledge of fixed income and OTC derivatives. This is an implementation role and could require travel to support clients mainly across Japan, and occasionally the APAC region.
You will use your strong project management capabilities to coordinate all aspects of the on-boarding process, including working with Sales to analyze a client’s workflow, gather client requirements, identify gaps, and propose our solution. You will scope the solution, present it back to the client and communicate requirements to Product teams where we need product development.
You are expected to manage all implementation projects so that they align with our standard procedures, while also ensuring that we provide solutions to fulfill the clients’ requirements and their expected timelines.
You will onboard clients on the particular risk module from bringing positions into Bloomberg, helping clients to understand the risk analytics, and generating risk reports. You will provide in-depth training and project management, ensuring our new clients are setup to extract the maximum benefit from the products.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate extensively with our Risk sales teams to ensure that Risk Enterprise clients are efficiently on-boarded while meeting their requirements
- Collaborate across business units such as: Product, Operation, Services, Engineering, Buy-side Order Management (AIM), Trade Order Management Solutions (TOMS) as well as Portfolio Analytics to deliver the Bloomberg value proposition to clients
- Develop detailed project plans and timelines, driving them to completion through agreement with the client and support from internal teams where necessary
- Own each assigned complex and strategic engagement, acting as the primary day-to-day project management point person working across multiple internal groups and external vendors, driving tasks through to completion within tight deadlines
- Execute the agreed implementation plan to ensure maximum satisfaction for new clients
- Provide detailed product feedback from clients to internal business managers to continually improve our products
- Keep up to date with the latest market reforms and our latest product releases, and continue to challenge yourself in finding out how our various offerings can resolve client needs
You’ll need to have:
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English and Japanese
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in Buy-Side financial institutions or a Financial Technology Organization
- Good fundamental understanding of economics and modelling of cross asset financial instruments, including fixed income, equities, OTC derivatives
- Project management experience in buy-side or sell-side financial institutions
- Experience implementing Risk and portfolio analytics solutions such as Value At Risk (VaR), Fundamental Review Trading Book (FRTB), Standard Initial Margin Model (SIMM), and counterparty risk (XVA)
- Experience in client engagements, gathering requirements, and defining complex workflows
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders both externally and internally
- Experience conducting training both internally / externally
We'd love to see:
- Experience communicating with Engineering and/or product groups on product enhancements and development
- The inclination and aptitude to pick up new technologies and procedures
- The ability to effectively communicate technical/complex issues in a simplistic manner to various audiences
- Advanced Microsoft Excel / Power BI / Tableau skills / Python
- Knowledge of the collateral management process
- Bachelors or Master’s degree and CFA and/or FRM
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.