Today our clients are under mounting pressure to do more with less, as demands to reduce operational risk and increase operational efficiency have never been greater. While firms acknowledge the need for enterprise-wide data consistency, ensuring its timeliness, quality, delivery, reliability and distribution remains a pervasive challenge.
The entire enterprise benefits from the consistency of Bloomberg's high-quality data when front, middle office and operations all work with the same information. Firms that commit to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
What's the role?
As a Content Specialist, you will be the primary point of contact for our Bloomberg Enterprise customers. You are the key to liaise between customer, Enterprise Solutions teams and other Bloomberg Teams in maintaining ownership of all client content interaction throughout the pre- and post-sale. You assess customer and application content needs, including feature sets, instrument universes and fields based on current and intended uses and resolve those against what is available via Bloomberg Enterprise solutions.
At times, we will need you to take a more technical approach in collaborating with the appropriate internal teams to obtain clarification on security and field behaviours and instrument availability. Where you see the opportunities, we want you to coordinate activities of internal and external business units to fill any content gaps identified through the assessment process or customer adoption.
We'll trust you to concentrate on the below 3 core areas:
1) Content gathering and Pre-engagement analysis:
- Work with the client to understand their entire content needs
- Identify the client's user content requirements and any "out of policy situations"
- Ensure necessary content and features are available and working with the client on creative solutions where gaps exist
- Engage with clients on application/system migration scenarios and managing issues to resolution
- Identify and mitigating logistical dependencies that may hinder the client access to content such as exchange or contributor enablement and approvals
- Understand the clients' data distribution requirements and working with the Sales and Technical Account Manager to recommend a solution
- Develop a deep understanding of the various content delivery mechanisms within Enterprise Solutions (Data License, Server API, Platform) in order to recommend the most suitable for the client's needs
- Provide Bloomberg Symbology identification for all instruments/fields required by client applications
- Assist Implementation Specialist with capacity projection/bandwidth analysis
- Understand user and application types and relevant content sets
- Understand any potential risks or challenges to the project
2) Manage Application content migration for all Bloomberg's Enterprise Products:
- Work alongside with the Technical Account Manager, Implementation Specialist and Technical Specialist throughout the migration process to client handover and go-live
- Coordinate with Global Data teams and Product Managers to obtain clarification on field definition/behaviour and instrument availability
- Liaise with various business units (both internal and external to Bloomberg) to coordinate the activities needed to fill any gaps identified during the Pre- engagement
- Ensure the shortest possible time to application go-live (in coordination with Development Support) while maintaining high standards of work practices
- Ensuring the Technical Account Manager is appraised of all content related risks and milestones
3) On-going client interaction and adoption:
- Provide training to Client Application Development Teams in regards to Bloomberg Instrument/Field Symbology and product functionality
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with content-related counterparts at assigned customer accounts
- Assist Technical Account Manager in driving adoption of Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions
What you need to have:
- Familiar with Bloomberg Symbology and data behavior across different asset classes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to organize information in thoughtful, easy-to-digest manner, including project tracker and content coverage analysis
- Excel proficient
- Attention to detail with strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Business proficiency in spoken and written Japanese
- Strong technical market data analysis experience and knowledge of financial market data products would be an advantage