Enterprise Technology - Technical Implementation Specialist - Tokyo
Posted Oct 18, 2023 - Requisition No. 120885
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
In capital markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building strong and secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology (ETEC) team is trusted with the design, test, and delivery of connections for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy and sell-side firms and pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market, and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows.
What's the role?
As a Technical Implementation Specialist supporting our growing business, you will be responsible for building and certifying new trading workflows between our clients and Bloomberg's world-class applications, providing custom integration solutions where applicable, configuring the relevant applications for these workflows and solutions.
You will play a vital role in delivering technical implementation projects from inception to completion, working closely with clients to have setups implemented in a timely and efficient manner to meet production timelines and be regulatory compliant. Our team supports many business lines across Bloomberg and deals with many different technologies and protocols. Typical client engagements can include the use of real-time FIX messaging as well as MQ, SFTP, and Web APIs.
Our team also works with vendors, brokers, exchanges and ATS venues, and collaborates with various internal teams such as Product, Network Operations, Engineering and Sales.
We’ll trust you to:
- Configure, integrate, test, and lead implementation projects, working directly with clients as well as alongside various internal teams to ensure our clients have strong and secure connectivity and integration to Bloomberg applications
- Resolve implementation issues in a timely fashion through collaboration with various internal teams to ensure minimal downtime
- Ensure a smooth life-cycle experience for our clients in moving from project implementation to production support by building a deep understanding of their workflows and communicating them effectively to the relevant teams
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the features and capabilities of our suite of products through on the job learning and training to manage client queries quickly and efficiently
- Improve processes, best practices, and enhance efficiency in on-boarding setups and connections through proactively identifying gaps to deliver improved client experience
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with different priorities in an agile and efficient manner
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and adaptability to rapid changes
- 3+ years of experience in the financial industry with demonstrated knowledge of trading workflows in one or more of the following asset classes: Equities, FI, FX
- Demonstrated knowledge of EMS/OMS integration
- Demonstrated experience using some or all the following financial data transfer / messaging protocol: FIX, MQ, SFTP, SWIFT, Web APIs
- Experience with troubleshooting networks and connectivity issues (including LAN/WAN & TCP/IP)
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems and commands
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple projects to meet required deliverables, including communicating progress and outcomes to relevant stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and build successful relationships with external customers
- Ability to proactively identify gaps within existing processes and taking the initiative to improve them by defining and piloting new procedures
- Experience handling complex technical conversations across multiple stakeholder groups with outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English and Japanese
- Experience with FIX on-boarding
- Experience applying Data Transformation to workflows using any ETL tools (e.g. Informatica / Mulesoft / TIBCO / Dell Boomi) or through transformation languages (e.g. XML XSLT / Perl)
- Experience with IT Service Management or client relationship management
- Experience with programming / scripting
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies e.g. AWS, Azure
- Business fluency in an additional Asian language, to enhance the support experience for our clients around the APAC region
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/integration-and-distribution/
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.