Enterprise Technology Services - Application Support Specialist - Tokyo
Posted Jan 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 113281
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
In capital markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building strong and secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology team is trusted with the design, delivery, and ongoing support for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy and sell side firms and pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market, and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows.
What’s the role:
As a member of the Enterprise Technology Services group, you play a vital role in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and workflows. Working as part of a global team of financial technology support specialists, you will be responsible for servicing the production needs of our customers. You’ll be strategically focused on the overall customer experience as well as developing a strong relationship with them, from handling production support issues through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
As you will be part of a client facing team in Asia, you will be supporting a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ, and APIs. You will work closely with our engineers, solutions architects, and product development in uncovering opportunities, managing production releases, and positioning enhancements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues for our global client’s production environments. Examine their root cause and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal stakeholders across functions
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and product changes
- Partner with Account Management in our electronic trading and regulatory businesses to provide proactive engagements with our client base
- Ensure a smooth life-cycle experience, when clients move from project implementation to production support
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about offering excellent service and empowered by a collaborative spirit. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver who doesn't shy away from taking on new challenges and thrive on change. You love being a great teammate and someone clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn, and deliver the best service possible.
You’ll need to have:
- A computer science, computer engineering or equivalent background with recent experience working in the financial markets
- 5+ years working experience in a technical support role within the financial service industry, with good understanding of incident management and change management processes
- Proven knowledge of the Capital Markets industry technology and buy/sell-side workflows
- Experience in Unix and Linux operating systems and commands
- Exposure to scripting languages e.g. Python
- Japanese fluency to support and handle complex technical conversations with clients
- Strong written and oral communication skills to work with various stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability in multi-tasking, time management and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment.
We’d love to see:
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting networks/connectivity/messaging, with experience in one or more of the following: FIX, MQ, TCPIP, API
- Experience with IT Service Management or client relationship management
- Exposure to Broker/Dealers, Exchanges, Hedge Funds, or Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Exposure to public cloud technology e.g. AWS, Azure
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.