Enterprise Technology Services - Application Support Specialist - Tokyo
Posted Feb 6, 2024 - Requisition No. 123036
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
In capital markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building strong and secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology team is trusted with the design, delivery, and ongoing support for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy and sell side firms and pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market, and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows.
What’s the role?
As a member of the Enterprise Technology Services group, you play a vital role in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and workflows. Working as part of a global team of financial technology support specialists, you will be responsible for servicing the production needs of our customers. You’ll be strategically focused on the overall customer experience as well as developing a strong relationship with them, from handling production support issues through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
As you will be part of a client facing team in Asia, you will be supporting a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ, and APIs. You will work closely with our engineers, solutions architects, and product development in uncovering opportunities, managing production releases, and positioning enhancements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues for our global client’s production environments. Examine their root cause and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal stakeholders across functions
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and product changes
- Partner with Account Management in our electronic trading and regulatory businesses to provide proactive engagements with our client base
- Ensure a smooth life-cycle experience, when clients move from project implementation to production support
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about offering excellent service and empowered by a collaborative spirit. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver who doesn't shy away from taking on new challenges and thrive on change. You love being a great teammate and someone clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn, and deliver the best service possible.
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 1-3 years working experience in a technical support role within the financial service industry, with a good understanding of incident management and change management processes
- A computer science, computer engineering or equivalent background with recent experience working in the financial markets
- Fluency in Japanese and English for the seamless facilitation of intricate technical exchanges with stakeholders
- Proficiency in diagnosing and resolving connectivity issues across diverse network types, such as LANs, WANs, and TCP/IP
- Demonstrated experience using one or more of the following financial data transfer / messaging protocol: FIX, MQ, SFTP, Web APIs
- Demonstrated ability in multi-tasking, time management and prioritising in a fast-paced environment
We’d love to see:
- Experience with client relationship management
- Exposure to Broker/Dealers, Exchanges, Hedge Funds, or Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Experience applying Data Transformation to workflows using any ETL tools (e.g. Informatica / Mulesoft / TIBCO / Dell Boomi) or through transformation languages (e.g. XML XSLT / Perl)
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.