Enterprise Technology Solutions - Technical Implementation Specialist, Tokyo
Posted Dec 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 112064
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
In capital markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building strong and secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology (ETEC) team is trusted with the design, test, and delivery of connections for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy and sell-side firms and pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market, and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows. Ranging from clients who opt to self-implement to clients who choose to code against our published specifications to automate their workflows, we provide strong technical expertise to ensure they build their setups appropriately.
What's the role?
The Technical Implementation team establishes and certifies connections between our clients and Bloomberg's world-class applications. The team works closely with clients to have setups implemented in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet production timelines and be regulatory compliant. Our team supports many business lines across Bloomberg and deals with many different technologies and protocols. Typical client engagements can include the use of real-time FIX messaging as well as MQ, TCP/IP, SFTP, and Web APIs. The team will manage these on-boarding projects and help in certifying clients against the ever-evolving workflows across a variety of technical protocols.
The team work with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, ATS venues, and more. We also ensure optimal performance through close internal collaboration with the Bloomberg Product team, Network Operations, and Engineering.
We are results-oriented and set ourselves ambitious business goals to be the best in the Enterprise Technology business for our clients. We cultivate a culture where you will work with people you trust and respect. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
We’ll trust you to:
- Configure, integrate, test, and lead implementation projects working directly with clients as well as alongside various internal teams such as Product, Engineering, and Sales, in order to ensure our clients have strong and secure connections to Bloomberg applications
- Resolve implementation issues in a timely fashion through collaboration with various internal teams in order to ensure minimal downtime
- Ensure a smooth life-cycle experience for our clients in moving from project implementation to production support by building a deep understanding of their workflows and communicating them effectively to the relevant teams
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the features and capabilities of our suite of products through on the job learning and training in order to manage client queries quickly and efficiently
- Improve processes, best practices, and enhance efficiency in on-boarding setups and connections through proactively identifying gaps to deliver improved client experience
- Manage projects in a timely and efficient manner to meet production go live dates and regulatory compliance
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and adaptability to rapid changes
You’ll need to have:
- 3 year+ of experience in the financial industry with demonstrated knowledge of trading workflows in one or more of the following asset classes: Equities, FI, FX
- Demonstrated knowledge of EMS/OMS integration
- Mandarin & English proficiency to confidently support and handle complex technical conversations with clients (including clients in China market)
- Project management experience
- Ability to work independently and build successful relationships with external customers
- Experience with troubleshooting networks and connectivity issues (including LAN/WAN & TCP/IP)
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems and commands
- Ability to proactively identifying gaps within existing processes and taking the initiative to improve them by defining and piloting new procedures
_ Demonstrated knowledge of FIX protocol
We’d love to see:
- Experience with FIX on-boarding experience
- Experience with IT Service Management or client relationship management
- Experience with programming / scripting
- Experience with one or more of the following: MQ, Web API, SFTP, XML, SWIFT
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies e.g. AWS, Azure
- Japanese business-level language proficiency
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.