Equities Reporter - Tokyo
Posted Nov 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 97760
We are looking for an Asia Stocks Reporter who can write fast and comprehensive stories, including the daily Taking Stock column that analyzes market trends. The ideal candidate will have the ability to identify broader themes across Asia -- home to two of the world's biggest equity markets -- and write for a global audience. Being a team player with a can-do attitude is another key requirement for the job.
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We'll trust you to:
- Write a daily Taking Stock column by analyzing market trends
- Have big-picture thinking; able to connect the dots between global events and the impact on the stock market
- Have contacts within the industry among traders and fund managers
- Mine the Bloomberg terminal for smart, data-driven stories
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Be a team player and work under a deadline
You need to have:
- A minimum experience of 3 years in financial journalism
- Experience in a real-time breaking news environment
- Ideally experience covering stocks market as a reporter
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to make and build sources in financial markets
- A track record of team work and collaboration
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.