Equity Data Specialist - Global Data - Tokyo
Posted Jun 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 104518
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 330,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Global Data’s Company Disclosed team. Our team of Analysts influence investment decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing. That’s where you come in.
As an Equity Data Specialist on our Company Disclosed team, your actions will produce powerful results. This opportunity will allow you to exercise your passion for finance and harness your technical skills. You will need to have the context - meaning that having passion for and an understanding of the markets is a must. With this foundation, you’ll develop expertise in key industries and manage the corresponding data. You’ll learn to leverage your financial knowledge and analytical thinking to derive meaningful insights for our customers. Our team is at the center of it all; the energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor. You’ll transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users. That’s our purpose - come find yours!
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, and maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News, and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Work on complex data projects related to financial data sets, such as Equity Fundamentals and Estimates
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence - founding the backbone of our Research and Equity functionality
- Analyse internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated willingness to work with and learn more about financial data
- Demonstrated professional experience interpreting financial statements and understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Japanese
- A can-do attitude, and a very proactive approach to each day
- Strong passion for data, technology, and finance
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
We’d love to see:
- Professional experience in audit, assurance, corporate finance, and/or financial market research
- Demonstrated capability in data management, data processing, data analysis, and associated tools & technologies
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
- Demonstrated project or work experience using one more programming language such as Python, SQL, and R
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.