Event Manager - Tokyo
Posted Jun 28, 2018 - Requisition No. 67883
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize and create opportunities and to drive difference. We use data to understand markets and audiences and creative ideas to build stories and brands. We create campaigns and work that captures attention and drives a reaction. We move fast, and our core approach is integrated and disruptive.
What’s the role?
This event manager role will be based in Tokyo. The role is an individual contributor, reporting to the Head of Events, Asia Pacific. The individual will work with the Marketing, Event, and Communications teams in Japan to develop, plan, execute and measure all events across Bloomberg, including Bloomberg’s core financial products, Enterprise, Verticals and company branding programs.
What will you do in this role?
Together with the Japan Marketing, Event and Communications teams, you will work closely with the business and sales leaders of the businesses in Bloomberg Japan to develop and execute strategic event programs that are targeted at our audiences and integrated with other marketing tactics. You will work with internal marketing stakeholders to ensure that our events are creative and integrated with the various digital and social platforms. You will also ensure relevant post event analysis is done so that we can measure our events effectively which in turn will influence future decisions.
As part of the Global Events Team, you will utilize the event execution tools and programs within Bloomberg to deliver flawless event execution. You will manage the creative process, including invites, event production, audio visual requirements, production and overall logistics.
As many of our event programs are global or regional in nature, you will lead domestic and international projects with multiple stakeholders (across different geos and businesses) from inception to delivery. You will be expected to make sound independent decisions consistent with business.
There will be travel within Japan as well as to other APAC offices for key programs
Who are we looking for?
You will have extensive experience with planning and executing multi-faceted, complex integrated events within a company or agency, excellent project management skills, strong communication skills and ability to present to all levels of management.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 6 years of experience (either as an in-house event manager or in an agency)
- Bilingual skills (Native in spoken and written Japanese, fluent in spoken and written English)
- Extensive experience planning and executing events in Japan
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Experience in providing event program strategic guidance, including target audience experience mapping, event portfolio analysis and integration with other marketing tactics
- Ability to multi-task in a time-pressured environment
- Experience in integrating digital and social media tactics into key event programs and advocating for an integrated event experience approach
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams, regions and with vendors
- Ability to question the status quo with the objective of continuous improvement
- Experience in developing metrics for the different types of events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.