Exchange Data Modeler (Business Analyst), Tokyo
Posted May 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 103482
You know the market data protocols and terminology that a market uses to describe their trading activities and the key features and the asset classes attributes that trade on them. You engage with internal and external partners and thrive on developing and enforcing standards. As a natural problem solver, you thrive on building innovative and harmonious solutions to complex problems!
We are looking for a highly creative and motivated individual to join the Exchange Data and Business team. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic, deadline driven environment to deliver the highest quality real-time data to our customers across all asset classes such as equities, derivatives, commodities & fixed income!
We are responsible for normalizing real-time market data feeds from exchanges. This includes managing projects, building relationships, negotiating contracts and exploring business opportunities with the Exchanges.
As a data modeler you will be responsible for maintaining the standards and improving the features of the market data model that supports our Exchange content globally working closely with Exchanges Product Owners, Engineering, Enterprise Solutions and Exchanges to ensure consistent coverage of exchange products to our Bloomberg customers.
You will help to define and maintain the needed relationships and metadata within the model building products and services for the future. You will have prior experience with market data, their specifications and modelling key events that occur in a trading day into a proprietary data model. The role will be based in Tokyo.
We'll trust you to:
- Understand the key features and attributes of all asset classes that drive data model determinations, the key market data events and their impact on the end-to-end systems and applications
- Enforce the standards of the market data model proactively reviewing venues that are being integrated into the existing normalized market data events and recommend enhancements to further align the Bloomberg Data model
- Work with Engineering to make changes to key systems for Exchange market data processing
- Identify growing trends in markets and translate them into new features of the Bloomberg Data model
- Contribute to the evolution of products, platforms and services in support of business and technology initiatives
- Be involved with various aspects of the project life cycle from requirements and implementation design to development, release and QA/troubleshooting
- Be an escalation point for any issues with exchange market data behavior within the market data model
You'll need to have:
- Experience working for an Exchange or in the Market Data industry and an understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts
- Thorough understanding of market data conventions, such as how securities are traded and criteria to update calculated data points
- Strong data, functional analysis and mapping skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret market data provider specifications and how to apply them to a normalized market data model
- A desire to learn, be data oriented with a strong with work ethic
- A good balance of technical knowledge, business acumen and details
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation & organizational skills
We'd love to see:
- The ability to normalize raw exchange data into a proprietary data model
- Experience with data model and relational design database schema design
- Experience with SQL (ability to organize, query, analyze and troubleshoot data)
- A passion for financial markets and an understanding of Exchange real-time pricing and reference data and the ability to collaborate closely with multiple partners
- Product Development and Product Management experience
- Familiarity with feed handler or message processing software development
- Hands on SDLC experience and an appetite for debugging
- Experience with Unix and scripting languages (eg: Python)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.