Financial Regulation Specialist - Tokyo
Posted Mar 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 114675
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets.
Reference data for regulatory reporting plays an ever-increasing role in our clients’ workflows, and the Data team fulfils a meaningful function in supporting Bloomberg users with regulatory change. We analyse regulation, determine the reference data needs, and make this data available on the Terminal in order to support the regulatory reporting needs of our clients. We are the cornerstone of several of Bloomberg’s regulatory solutions.
As a Financial Regulation Specialist in the Data Department, you will play a meaningful role in maintaining key regulatory data sets, such as those relating to MiFID II, SFTR or Brexit. Your role will be to develop subject matter expertise in new and existing regulatory regimes, assess the associated reference data needs, and work across teams and departments to make this data available on the Terminal. Once built, you will be responsible for maintaining these data sets in accordance with policy changes and changing guidance from regulators, and ensuring their timeliness and quality.
As a subject-matter expert in financial regulation and regulatory change, you will also provide outstanding support to clients consuming our regulatory data and collaborate with partners across the firm to help develop Bloomberg’s regulatory solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Study regulatory documentation and learn the ins and outs of different regulatory regimes
- Research, analyse and interpret regulation to determine reference data needs
- Procure content to support outstanding coverage of our regulatory data sets
- Use subject matter expertise to help determine business rules based on regulatory requirements, and to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Supervise policy changes and announcements by regulatory bodies such as ESMA and the FCA, and help determine implications for our data and processes
- Perform quality controls and testing to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Provide customer support for users of regulatory reference data
- Partner with a wide variety of partners, from Engineering to Sales
- Run projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
You’ll need to have:
- Native/Business level spoken and written Japanese as the role will primarily cover Japan market.
- 2 years of experience in compliance, financial reporting, regulations, credit risk in financial sector or policy-related field.
- Comfortable with crafting open-ended questions into actionable plans and executing towards tactical objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Strong attention to details, high degree of proven decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively, ensuring a high level of accuracy and efficiency
- A keen curiosity about the financial markets and financial regulation
- Self-motivation and an interest in research
We’d Love to see:
- Expertise in one or more asset classes would be desirable
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.