Financial Research Data Analyst - Global Data, Tokyo
Posted Dec 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 98304
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real-time financial information available on the Bloomberg Terminal. We provide portfolio managers with information on companies’ financial performance to assist in profitability analysis, and to determine the risk and return of their investment. Buy-side and sell-side equity analysts use our data to build valuation models in order to provide stock recommendations, target prices, and to assess the viability of investing in a company.
What’s the role?
As a Financial Research Data Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of special industry data and key performance indicators for a portfolio of companies across sectors. You will work closely with experienced research analysts on the Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) team to learn the ins and outs of conducting investment research while ensuring that Bloomberg offers the best in class industry and company specific data coverage in the market. You will gain knowledge on how technology, regulation, litigation and economies shape the environment each company operates in – and about the larger industry impact.
We'll trust you to:
- Build in-depth knowledge of your assigned sectors from company, industry, and credit perspectives
- Leverage advanced data analysis activities to effectively handle high quality coverage for a portfolio of companies
- Build and maintain company financial models leveraging Bloomberg proprietary applications
- Facilitate communication across teams and products to assure data alignment
- Produce research and analysis on a specific company within your sector and present to the Bloomberg Intelligence management team
- Run industry specific projects to ensure that deliverables are met, including identifying projects, delegating responsibilities to peers, and communicating to related partners
- Identify current gaps and work with partners to onboard new data sets
- Contribute to BI research content, including charting and visual support
- Provide support to internal partners such as News, Engineering, and external clients on BI functionality and data content within dashboard construction and maintenance
- Identify innovative workflow efficiencies and propose plans to improve financial and industry data quality and timeliness
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Demonstrated project, work experience, or coursework that shows your experience and knowledge in the financial markets
- Knowledge of accounting principles, prior experience interpreting financial statements, and knowledge of quantitative financial analysis
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel and VBA (for data cleaning, analysis and visualisation purposes).
- Experience conducting research and relaying findings in a succinct, concise manner with the ability to identify key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Japanese
We’d love to see:
- Previous application of Python for data management (Pandas, Numpy)
- CFA designation (or working towards it)
- Experience transforming workflows into more timely and efficient processes
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- The ability to thrive and deliver in a dynamic environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.