Fixed Income Data Specialist - Global Data - Tokyo
Posted Jan 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 100083
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process, and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products, and processes - all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What's the role?
As a Fixed Income Data Specialist, we'll expect you to:
- Collaborate within a diverse team
- Tackle new challenges
- Find opportunities within the financial markets
If you are driven to learn more about how and why the financial markets move, especially in the Fixed Income space, enjoy solving various problems and creating efficiencies, then you're just the person we are looking for to join the Fixed Income team in Global Data.
We are responsible for managing, interpreting, and enhancing Fixed Income data. As one of the largest datasets on the Terminal, managing Fixed Income data in an accurate and timely manner is key to servicing our clients. Leveraging deep product expertise, stakeholder management and networking, and innovative thinking, we are continuously aiming to be a high quality Fixed Income product.
The Fixed Income - New Issues role in Tokyo will cover: new issuance and post issuance events for bonds.
What can you expect from this role?
You will take part in the Global Data Training Program for two weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data team means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will develop product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data, and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of Fixed Income, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management, or leadership.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and increase Fixed Income knowledge
- Maintain, improve, and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Manage large and complex data projects related to Fixed Income
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News & Research, and Software Engineering to enhance relevant product databases
- Take ownership of your data-set and be active with responsible tasks and areas
- Meet deadlines, set priorities, and logically tackle problems
You'll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese
- Keen interest in information management, technology, and product development
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work in a high volume & time sensitive environment
- Ability to adapt and deliver in a fast-paced, changing environment
- A self-starting mindset with proven ability to take ownership of initiatives/projects
We'd love to see:
- Korean language proficiency in order to support the Korean market and customers
- A background in Fixed Income markets
- Experience in Data Management
- Understanding of financial data and its competitive landscape
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (ie VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Experience transforming workflows into more timely and efficient processes
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.