The News Classification team is looking for highly-motivated, enthusiastic and innovative individuals like you, to be part of our team.
What’s the role?
Our technologies are built to create an efficient infrastructure for News and Global Data. Analysts in this role are expected to perform classification and curation of the world's most important financial and economic news in the Korean language with the aim of expanding Bloomberg's brand as the leader in the financial news market. As we deliver the news that matters the most to our clients, we build the product which, in an instant, can change the direction of our biggest client's business decisions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use internal and open-resource software to automatically retrieve, parse, organize and tag news from social media sites, news feeds, websites, and other sources that run on the Bloomberg Professional Service.
- Utilize your creativity and technical skills to helps us build upon our extensive news classification tool.
You’ll also have opportunities to further your growth through:
- Collaboration with various business segments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Research & Development
- Building skills to have a greater influence on Bloomberg’s services, whether through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership
- Chances to demonstrate autonomous leadership through self-initiated projects both in and out of your specialty
- Learning opportunities in different sectors such as leadership, client communications, and programming
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Library Science, Mathematics of other computer related specialization
- Expert-level fluency in Korean
- 1 -3 years of professional project management experience in information management with the ability to deliver on tight deadlines
- Experience in editing, writing, curating or assigning news stories
- Proven understanding of customer service and experience in building strong relations with stakeholders
- Competency in relating complex technical requirements to everyday tasks and procedures
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
We'd love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.