Global Data, Mergers & Acquisitions/Equity Capital Market Data Analyst, Tokyo
Posted Dec 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 98302
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
You enjoy finding opportunities within the financial markets driven by market or company events. You are always listening to the pulse of the financial markets for the latest news and movements. You dig deeply into companies to understand the actions they take and why. You look beyond the headlines to understand the importance of the underlying data and how events are related across companies and industries. You enjoy solving various problems and creating efficiencies. You’re just the sort of person we are looking for to join our M&A/ECM team in Global Data.
We are responsible for managing, interpreting, enhancing and reporting M&A content for equity markets. With market complexity increasing, managing these events in the timeliest and most accurate manner while delivering key insights to our clients stands as a top priority. Leveraging deep product knowledge, strong client relationships and interactions, and innovative thinking we are constantly striving to develop the best-in-class M&A/ECM product.
Aside from M&A activity, our team covers some other corporate events including: Buyback and bankruptcies.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will take part in the Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data Department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will develop the product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the M&A/ECM product, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership.
We will trust you to:
- Develop and increase knowledge across M&A/ECM actions
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Research & Development to enhance relevant product databases
- Manage large and complex data projects related to M&A/ECM
- Take ownership and be active with key areas of responsibility.
You'll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience or strong knowledge and understanding of corporate finance
- Keen interest in information management and technology and product development
- Excellent attention to detail & ability to work in a high volume & time sensitive environment
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- A self-starter with proven initiative and the ability to take ownership of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese, particularly client management
We'd love to see:
- A background in equity markets with additional knowledge of M&A/ECM actions
- Experience in Data Management
- Understanding of Financial Data and it's competitive landscape
- Prior leadership experience
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.