Head of Facilities - Tokyo
Posted Apr 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 90073
Bloomberg's Global Facilities team is looking for a Facilities Team Leader in Tokyo. The person will be responsible for the Facilities management of local offices in Japan.
This position requires daily interaction with vendors and internal Bloomberg staff at all levels and coordinating / ensuring organizational processes and procedures are followed. As a Team Leader you will work collaboratively with different stakeholders and with the following responsibilities:
Business support - ensure we meet the needs and demands of our growing and continually changing workforce. You will establish and maintain excellent business relationships and partner with your team for space planning and will ensure all of our global internal systems are up to date in real time. You will partner with your business and coordinate all desk/office moves and ensure we execute effectively.
Office communication - ensure employees are well informed about any building management office notice that are relevant to Employee's Health & Safety. Proactive in communicating with business stakeholders and office committee members on any facilities projects and operational maintenance that will have impact to our offices.
Facilities maintenance/standards - you will ensure regular site inspections are carried out and will identify critical and urgent works required to the maintenance and fabrics within the workplace. You will proactively identify and escalate large scale projects for consideration by management. You will manage vendors and partner with other departments (eg info sys, supply chain) to ensure workstations and collaborations spaces to meet appropriate standards and that technology and services are in full working order.
Project management - you will assist the pm and design team to ensure both small and large scale projects that impact your business area are executed in line with the functional requirements. These could include a large scale department move, repurposing of meeting areas or building out collaboration spaces.
Workplace compliance - you will understand the basic requirements for building regulations and health & safety that impact the workplace. You will work with the head of workplace compliance to ensure the workplace meets all legal requirements and that we are compliant for testing and reporting obligations. You will manage the ergonomic requests appropriately while understanding Bloomberg policy and our global wellness standards and ensure we provide a safe and comfortable environment that addresses the individual needs of our employees.
Vendor management - you will be responsible for ensuring vendors under the team's remit are meeting KPIs. You will develop strong relationships and partnerships and ensure that the quality and timeliness of services at in line with Bloomberg standards.
Systems/ process management - you will be responsible for the internal bloomberg systems that are used by the workplace ops team .You are expected to continually improve process flow and ensure our documentation management and process maps are effective and up to date.
The position requires extensive use of the Facilities ticketing system which includes managing those tickets for an assigned client base.
Experience with dealing with senior stakeholders, able to communicate in a high pressure environment at all levels
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years and above proven experience in managing facilities in a corporate environment with at least 5 years’ experience in managing facilities in a corporate environment
- A team player with strong interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills
- Superior customer service and people skills with emphasis on maintaining relationship with colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience in project management, corporate real estate, critical infrastructure, ergonomic and Japan employee health and safety compliance management
- Focus on vendor partnership and engagement in order to drive continuous improvements
- Be able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills in effectively articulating the department vision and goals
- Excellent communication skill (Bilingual in English and Japanese) is a must
- Inclusive leadership in driving collaboration and innovation operation and maintenance of UPS, Generator, HVAC, BMS Systems, ergonomic and employee health and safety will be a plus
- Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to work with agility
- Tech-savvy is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll be in touch with the next steps if you're a fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.