Japanese Language ESG Reporter - Tokyo
Posted Jun 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 91843
Bloomberg News is looking for an ESG reporter for our Japanese language service. ESG has emerged as top investment theme across the world and readers are hungry for news, especially on Japan, where the market is expected to rapidly grow. The successful candidate will play a key role in helping us define and become the benchmark for Japan's ESG news.
As part of the role you will keep a close eye on overseas regulatory moves, especially in Europe, and link any relevant news to Japan from a financial markets angle. You will be writing deep-dive pieces as well as emerging trend stories on ESG bond issues and fund performances. You will also be expected to establish sources in and break news from Japan's ESG space, including regulatory bodies, key issuers, financial institutions and investors.
Collaboration with various bureaus, teams and departments will be essential to leverage our resources and offer unique coverage on ESG that differentiates us from local competitors.
You'd be perfect for this role if you're tenacious and passionate about developing sources and breaking news, while demonstrating a knack for telling compelling stories that will interest Bloomberg's Japanese language audience. You have a strong sense of the news that matters most to our readers and be able to creatively think of how best to deliver it.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and write enterprise stories in real-time news environment
- Develop a broad array of sources
- Explain complex issues simply but accurately
- Write for a range of platforms
- Be a team player
You'll need to have:
- Strong reporting and writing skills
- Native level Japanese and strong English language skills
- Interest in generating stories from data
- Solid market knowledge and a good understanding of ESG
- Proven track record as a financial journalist or other experience in writing for a professional audience
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.