Japanese Language Markets Reporter - Tokyo
Posted Mar 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 89800
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial news organizations in the world. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time. Our Japanese language markets reporting team is looking for a strong and motivated journalist to cover the country's stock, bond and the foreign exchange markets.
You'd be perfect for this role if you're tenacious and passionate about developing sources and breaking news, while also demonstrating a knack for telling compelling stories that will interest Bloomberg's local and global audience. You have a strong sense of news that matters most to our readers and how best to deliver it.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and write enterprise stories in a real-time news environment
- Spot key market moves, quickly report/write what may be driving them
- Develop a broad array of sources
- Explain complex issues simply but accurately
- Write for a range of platforms
- Be a team player
We wish you to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven journalism experience covering Japanese markets
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Experience with data journalism and use of graphics
- Fluency to speak and write in Japanese, strong English communication skill is a plus
If this sounds like you:
- Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know your next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.