Japanese Language News Business/Technology Team Leader - Tokyo
Posted Apr 5, 2023 - Requisition No. 115370
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are looking for a team leader for our Japanese language Global Business/Technology Team. You will lead a group of reporters and editors to break news and deliver insightful stories around some of Japan's biggest corporates, ranging from automakers to consumer and tech companies. You will have an outstanding news judgment to spot trends and generate stories ideas that will differentiate our coverage from competitors. You will also have a multimedia approach, keeping in mind our digital readership.
We'll trust you to:
- Be passionate about reporting and editing and drive the team to produce breaking high-impact news and insightful enterprise stories
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams, bureaus and platforms to break news partners with our counterparts in the English language service to deliver a global perspective to our audience
- Demonstrate strong news judgment, spot hidden trends and think creatively about ways to make our content accessible to a diverse audience of business-savvy readers
- Mentor, lead, empower and encourage team members to deliver insightful and authoritative stories
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in business journalism and experience in covering Japanese companies
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- An understanding and knowledge of basic corporate finance
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Japanese and working level English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization with leadership experience valued
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.