Japanese Language News Stocks Team Leader
Posted Oct 29, 2018 - Requisition No. 71591
Are you transfixed by the motion of markets? Excited by prospect of sitting at the nexus of politics, the economy and investing, with a free hand to shape and enact some of Bloomberg News's most important and best-read coverage? Then consider applying for the position of Japanese Language Equities & Credit Team Leader.
Bloomberg is looking for someone to lead our coverage of the thousands of people and millions of decisions that make up one of the world's biggest stock markets. You will be responsible for creating and shaping a new and improved Equities offering, finding and reporting on the markets, companies, industries, investors and traders who determine the direction of Japan's equity and credit markets.
As a strong communicator, you'll be tasked with inspiring a diverse set of reporters and editors. You have a strong sense of the news that matters most to our readers and how best to deliver it. You'll set an example by jumping on news and motivating colleagues to do the same. You can tell complex stories clearly and without jargon. And you'll bring contacts in the equity space, a strong knowledge of stock market fundamentals, strong writing skills and solid editing experience.
We'll trust you to:
- Directly manage a team of reporters and editors, providing daily support and mentoring
- Reshape an expanded Japanese language Equities offering as well as overseeing our Japanese language Credit coverage
- Work collaboratively across groups, regions, platforms, including working hand-in-hand with English-language reporters and editors covering the same sectors
- Deliver breaking-news content with speed and accuracy
- Apply news judgement that's balanced, yet creative and passionate
- Produce front-page quality news and enterprise stories
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience editing in a real-time news environment
- A deep understanding of the equities market, and knowledge of the world of deals, financial markets and the broader economy
- The ability to deliver breaking-news content with speed and accuracy
- A strong work ethic; be a team player and ability to work in high-pressure environment
- Fluency in Japanese (writing and editing)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.