Media Content Sales Manager
Posted Nov 27, 2018 - Requisition No. 72225
As part of our Media Division, Bloomberg Media Distribution is one of the world's leading providers of news, data, TV, video, image, and audio content available to publishers, broadcasters and digital clients in over 130 countries. We are now seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced sales individual to cover the Japan market and join our team, based in Tokyo.You will get to collaborate across the globe with our Media Distribution team, and work with members who are passionate about content, and building influence and audience engagement through media licensing as part of a world-class media organisation.
What's the role?
As a sales manager for the Japan market, your primary focus is to drive growth for our content business developing new commercial opportunities, as well as manage and support more than 40 existing accounts. You will be a key player in the continued growth of Bloomberg Media Content's footprint in Japan, and we expect you to be innovative in your approach in developing strategic market plans to generate new business from traditional publishers, broadcasters, digital and OTT, in addition to developing new opportunities from a corporate, academic, and IR related client base.You will need to work seamlessly with the Asia-Pacific sales team and senior management to collaborate and support one another to grow new revenue streams and to deliver on regional commercial goals.
You need to be able to:
- Prospect and manage sales leads, contacting potential customers to qualify potential new business and arrange follow-up meetings, liaising closely with the Senior Account Managers
- Conduct market research on companies in the region, via industry sources and contact databases (e.g., Cision, LinkedIn)
- Explore new business opportunities in the media industry and beyond (Digital, OTT, IR, Corporate, Education, Communications)
- Draft business proposals, prepare client presentations for key clients, and follow up on new commercial opportunities and close deals.
- Maintain accurate records of customer interactions in CRM systems
- Provide world-class customer service, troubleshooting technical issues, liaising with Accounts receivables on billing issues, and other support functions as required
- Assist the Media Distribution team on the usage of Bloomberg content from media partners and monitoring content use on customer platforms
- Generate reports to qualify penetration of Bloomberg syndication services in select markets
- Execute on additional projects required to support sales strategy in coordination with Senior Account Managers, regional Head of BMD Asia, and the broader global BMD team
You need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree, concentrations in Business or Economics is a plus
- At least 10 years of sales or editorial experience, with a proven sales track record
- Former experience in licensing and/or media companies
- Fluent Japanese, and strong command of spoken and written English
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, feel free to browse our site: https://www.bloombergmedia.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.