Media Sales Representative – Digital Advertising Sales (Tokyo)
Posted Aug 16, 2018 - Requisition No. 68774
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions - our Sales teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Our Ad Sales team harnesses the power of our global newsroom, data-driven insights and award-winning creative solutions across media platforms including digital, TV, radio, print, mobile and events. We are growing our product offering and now recruiting for a Media Sales professional to join our Tokyo office. You would have a portfolio of media engagements across Japan and possess a proven sales track record. Using your influencing and relationship building skills, you will engage with our clients and represent our complete multi-platform media offerings. As you will possess industry knowledge and experience in the market, you will have the ability to build and innovate media solutions across our range of media platforms with digital being a key growth driver.
As a critical member of the Media Sales team, you will collaborate with the internal team and through creative solutions lead both key client relationships and Bloomberg's sales process and execution priorities. Profitable and renewing revenue growth is the core objective.
We will expect you too:
- Serve as the digital and programmatic lead (through planning, set-up, management, and optimisation) for the Bloomberg.co.jp site.
- Help identify, develop and build relationships with potential advertisers, agencies, agency trading desks and programmatic buyers in Japan.
- Having an existing network of relevant relationships is required.
- Drive revenue opportunities across direct sales and range of programmatic deals.
- Possess a deep understanding of the overall digital marketing ecosystem in Japan and the role that programmatic plays.
- Have an understanding of digital trends and strategy.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Have at least 4 years of recent/relevant advertising sales and/or sales management experience preferably within Asia
- Proven skills and experience in digital sales (including programmatic sales) as well as cross platform sales
- Deep understanding and understanding of media research and campaign analysis
- Track record of total revenue and platform revenue growth and successful client partnerships
- Self-motivated; a strong team player with capability of multi-tasking and working in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written English to converse with digital and programmatic counterparts across Bloomberg teams in APAC and the US.
- Fluent Japanese (both reading and writing)
- Passion for media, advertising and broad business environment
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.