Pre-Sales Technology Engineer - Enterprise Technology Solutions - Tokyo
Posted Jun 4, 2019 - Requisition No. 75399
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, manage sales and trading and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s where we come in.
Here at Bloomberg Enterprise Technology Solutions, we help firms manage that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drives lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positions to help clients with this challenge.
What's the role?
Based in our Tokyo office, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Sales department to provide technical consultancy to new and existing client accounts. You will build and manage relationships to progress sales opportunities, develop client-facing technology proposals and pitch technology roadmaps to prospective clients. You will use your network of industry contacts to raise the awareness of Bloomberg Enterprise Technology Solutions.
We'll trust you to:
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities by working with key client technology decision makers by leveraging your network of internal and external contacts
- Manage the sales lifecycle from prospecting to contract execution
- Pitch and demonstrate technology solutions to prospective clients across all Bloomberg products
- Produce technology proposals and solution designs to outline the team's value proposition
- Liaise with Product Development teams on feature enhancements by sharing information from the field
- Work closely with Marketing in leading sales initiatives, events and campaigns
- Work with Implementation and Relationship Management teams to ensure smooth transition into project delivery
- Continually develop market, company and technology knowledge and stay abreast of new developments
You’ll need to have:
- Proven and demonstrable pre-sales track record, preferably selling enterprise level technology solutions
- Knowledge of the capital markets and how they operate including key participants
- Ability to foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders of varying seniority, including ‘C’ level client executives
- An overall passion for financial market technology such as connectivity/infrastructure, middleware integration, API technologies, enterprise workflows, etc
- Business level proficiency in both Japanese and English
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- A self-starting, highly motivated and results driven attitude with the desire to succeed
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/enterprise-gateway/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.