Private Equity – Market Data Analyst (Tokyo)
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers.
You’ll be joining the Private Equity team which forms an integral part of the Global Data department. We're responsible for improving and reporting private-equity data content for the Bloomberg Terminal. We offer the most complete solution for Private Equity professionals through a suite of tools designed specifically for the community. Whether our clients our looking for data on fund performance, tools for return benchmarking, idea generation or market monitoring- we provide it all, and much more!
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, maintain and improve the comprehensiveness of private equity data content on the Bloomberg Terminal
- Maintain our record as having the best-in-class private equity data coverage, by identifying gaps and onboarding new datasets
- Build and maintain relationships with private equity firms, interacting closely with fund managers and other market players
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, building and sustaining vendor teams and ensuring that deliverables are met
- Provide support to internal and external clients and stakeholders on private equity data content
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
- Identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement enhancements to our systems, processes and data
What’s in it for you?
- Gain in-depth hands-on experience of the Private Equity sector
- Interact with industry experts and work closely with key market players in finance and business
- Make a true business impact on our products and clients – our data moves markets!
- Real opportunity for exciting and varied career progression
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or equivalent professional experience
- Business fluency in Japanese and English
- Proven project management experience with the ability to lead and influence multiple stakeholders while working to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present confidently to clients, build and maintain relationships, and interact with a range of market players
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital markets
- Well-practised research and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to think critically with proven examples of having improved processes, systems or procedures
It’s great if you also have:
- At least 2 years' full-time work experience in a related role- ideally working with private equity data
- CFA or MBA qualification (or be working towards one)
- Deep knowledge of competing private equity data providers and publications
- Experience or knowledge of data management tools and working with large data sets
- Technical knowledge or experience in scripting languages and VBA
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.