Senior Global Business Editor
Posted Nov 30, 2018 - Requisition No. 72279
Are you excited by breaking news and love to jump across sectors and teams? Do you also have sharp writing skills, excellent news judgment and want to shape coverage on some of the biggest names in global industry - the likes of Toyota, Takeda, Honda and Fast Retailing?
If this sounds like you, please apply immediately for the Senior Global Business Editor role in Tokyo. In this job, you'll work with a staff of about 20 reporters and editors covering all things in Japanese autos, healthcare, telcos, consumer, manufacturing and industry. Reporting to the Managing Editor for Global Business in Asia, you'll liaise with managers across Asia to refine our coverage of Japanese corporate news and focus our resources on the biggest stories to dictate the corporate news agenda across two languages and multiple platforms.
You'll assist in directing an energetic and talented team of reporters on scoop gathering, building smart graphics, and knowing when to go deeper and shape pitches for BusinessWeek. You'll also work hard to sell and promote our best work both inside and out, and your people skills are beyond reproach -- you communicate and collaborate incredibly well with other teams.
we'll trust you to:
- Direct coverage on teams covering autos, pharma, manufacturing, consumer, media, telcos, entertainment and industry
- Coordinate coverage of Japan's corporate sector among various news teams across Asia and the globe, including helping drive output on major M&A deals.
- Work closely with other managers and senior leaders to develop and execute strategic goals
- Manage and optimize processes and procedures across the enterprise
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Multiple years of business journalism experience as an editor
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Excellent writing abilities with sharp news judgment
Other things we'd like to see:
- Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think quickly to provide insights and perspective into agency and industry actions
- Demonstrable attention to detail and organizational skills
- An entrepreneurial, innovative and energetic approach to the job
- A great communicator, collaborator and team player
- Fluency in Japanese a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status