Senior Software Engineer - Feeds Contributions
Posted May 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 90814
The Engineering Feeds Contributions team is responsible for providing real-time market data, news, and non-exchange content from data contributors to Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise customers. This data is used by our clients to make the decisions that drive the global financial markets. We create software that consumes, parses, normalizes, and redistributes data from news agencies, exchanges, and banks all around the world. We are building a new team in Tokyo to develop, support, and improve the software that covers or will cover the rapidly-growing set of data contributors in the Asia-Pacific region.
As a member of our team, you will help to deliver software that has an impact on our company and our clients from Day 1. You will collaborate with our business partners and other engineering teams to drive solutions to real business problems in the real-time contribution data domain. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of colleagues on an expanding portfolio of projects aimed to improve the quality-of-life both for our customers and our colleagues through improvements in stability, resiliency, and performance.
You'll need to have:
- Experience working with C++, multi-threading and multiprocessing systems in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms, and strong problem solving skills
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A thorough understanding of the systems you've worked on
- Fluency in English across speaking, reading, and writing
We’d love to see:
- Experience with network protocols such as TCP, UDP and Multicast
- Knowledge of Market Data systems
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on.
The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know.
- Read about how our engineers keep Terminal data running smoothly around the world -> http://bit.ly/RTFeeds
- Join our Hong Kong C++ Meetups group -> meetup.com/Hong-Kong-C-Interest-Group/
- Check out Bloomberg Engineering -> bloomberg.com/engineering
- Read about the unique problems we’re solving -> TechAtBloomberg.com
- See how Bloomberg's leading the way toward a sustainable future -> annualreport.bloomberg.org/
Bloomberg is a financial technology company. Our technology drives the world’s leading financial market participants. Our strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real-time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg has one of the largest private networks in the world, and we process billions and billions of data from all over the globe.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com