Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Ticker Plant - Tokyo
Posted Apr 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 102344
Who are we?
Bloomberg is the premier provider of real-time market data to the financial world. The Ticker Plant group is at the core of both the Bloomberg Professional Service and Enterprise Solutions products that process market data from around the globe. Our systems process over 100 billion unique events a day, publishing these in real time while also servicing millions of client queries from our time-series database.
As Ticker Plant SREs, we are tasked with applying software engineering skills to solve the problems of owning large and always-growing market data systems while ensuring that we maintain resiliency, efficiency, availability, and visibility at any scale. We work across the globe, with teams located in Tokyo, London, and New York that comprise experts in various specialties like software engineering, platform performance, capacity planning, systems recovery, and automation.
What's in it for you?
On our team, you'll design and develop scalable services that enhance the stability and reliability of Bloomberg's market data infrastructure. We’ll depend on you to not only help set standards but also partner closely with our application engineers to ensure that all products meet those standards. You'll be trusted to create infrastructure capable of early detection of issues through metrics and signals and take automatic corrective actions.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop Python/C++ services, libraries, and tools to monitor the health, availability, latency, and reliability of our services with a focus on fault tolerant approaches
- Ensure service issues do not reoccur by applying automation and remediation strategies employing signal detection and orchestration frameworks
- Define service level objectives and drive measurable service improvement
- Review and influence on-going design, architecture, standards, and methods for improving operating services across Ticker Plant
You'll need to have:
- Strong understanding of large-scale distributed systems architecture
- Experience with managing systems in production, including triaging and solving outages
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Software engineering experience
- Proficiency in Python, C++, or Java
- Strong communication skills in English
We'd love to see:
- A passion for performance excellence, robustness, and engineering mindset
- Experience with incident response and blameless postmortems
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, feel free to take a look at this:
To learn more about our Engineering teams, visit: bloomberg.com/engineering
Read about the unique problems we’re solving: TechAtBloomberg.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.