Specialist Sales - BloombergNEF Sales Associate - Tokyo
Posted Apr 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 102874
Are you one of those people who has a passion for the energy sector and wants to be at the forefront of this exciting industry? You build relationships quickly and effortlessly and have a real desire to drive the growth of our business. You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. Teamwork is important to you, and you have a passion for providing platinum customer service. If so, join the BloombergNEF (BNEF) team based in the Tokyo office. We are the world’s leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum.
We’ll trust you to:
- Source new business opportunities and identify leads for BNEF services across energy, automotive, technology and financial industries
- Manage, renew and up-sell a book of clients
- Assist your colleagues by helping to book meetings and calls with senior decision makers
- Act as an initial point of contact for incoming sales leads
- Respond to client requests promptly and thoroughly
- Help to maintain accurate customer and sales information in our internal systems
- Assist in the preparation of major commercial activities, such as content presentations to senior audiences
- Coordinate and manage the logistics of client events
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive training on BNEF products and services
- Exposure to interact with major players in energy, finance and government
- Real potential for exciting and varied career progression
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 1 year working in the energy sector or in Sales
- Business level presentation and communication skills in Japanese (including reading and writing) and English
- Knowledge and/or interest in the energy or ESG sector
- Experience in providing business development support, such as in a junior sales position or experience running marketing/events with a goal of getting new business lead
- Ability to work effectively on a close-knit and collaborative team
- Proven ability to manage several tasks at the same time, with a rigorous attention to detail
- Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, initiative and an ability to face challenges with a mature and professional manner
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience working in a sales / business development environment
- In-depth knowledge of the energy industry
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.