Specialist Sales - Enterprise Data Sales Development Representative (SDR) - Tokyo
Posted Oct 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 120702
Financial institutions are under mounting pressure to do more with less, even as demands to reduce operational risk while increasing efficiency have never been greater. While firms acknowledge the need for enterprise-wide data consistency, ensuring its timeliness, quality, delivery, reliability, and distribution remains a pervasive challenge. Firms that commit to utilizing only the highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Sales allows just this, giving them a strategic advantage.
What's the role?
Enterprise Data is one of the fastest growing businesses within Bloomberg. It’s responsible for delivering our industry leading datasets and technology solutions to financial institutions across the globe, enabling clients to acquire, organize, and distribute data throughout their firm in the most efficient manner. At Bloomberg, change is constant, and as a result we don’t just provide solutions to our customers, but also work in partnership with them as new groundbreaking product innovations are released to address future challenges.
We are looking for sales professionals to join our Enterprise Data Sales Development team in Tokyo. The successful candidate will be responsible for pursuing and validating new opportunities, generating leads, formulating sales and marketing strategies, leading the day-to-day relationship of the allocated accounts, as well as proactively developing a sales pipeline and achieving a high close rate, all in collaboration with multiple sales and product teams across the organization.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate new sales opportunities and advance pipeline on a continual basis for Japan Sales Region accounts.
- Maintain, grow and defend revenue within existing accounts
- Lead complex sales engagements that involve numerous stakeholders
- Proactively seek out prospects within your assigned region via calls, meetings (both virtual and onsite), as well as through customer events
- Foster new and existing relationships with your clients and establish yourself as a trusted business partner
- Collaborate internally with other sales and product teams to develop new strategies and ways to execute on them
- Stay informed about the evolving financial markets in order to spot trends, look for new opportunities and establish credibility with our clients by understanding their business
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Be responsible for administrative duties associated with Account Management
We expect you to demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
- Our customer's business (and who their customers are, how they make money)
- Our customer's technology stack, workflows, and internal structure (org chart, how decisions are made, competing products)
- Our customer’s challenges when it comes to using technology and data, and the value proposition that financial technology and data providers bring
You'll need to have:
- 2 to 5 years (or more) of sales or client facing experience in the Financial Technology or Financial Institution with relevant background
- Experience selling or supporting financial technology and/or data solutions (financial market data, workflow tools, enterprise infrastructure) to financial institutions
- Outstanding client service experience, relationship management skills, and sales aptitude
- Working knowledge of the financial markets landscape and respective data needs
- Comfort with a fast pace, changing environment
- Strong presentation and communication skills in Japanese and English
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.?