Specialist Sales - Enterprise Data Sales Relationship Manager - Tokyo
Posted Jan 30, 2024 - Requisition No. 122895
Enterprise Data is one of the fastest growing businesses within Bloomberg. It’s responsible for delivering our industry leading datasets and technology solutions to financial institutions across the globe, enabling clients to acquire, organize, and distribute data throughout their firm in the most efficient manner. At Bloomberg, change is constant, and as a result we don’t just provide solutions to our customers, but also work in partnership with them as new groundbreaking product innovations are released to address future challenges.
Enterprise Data Sales is the engine that drives this dynamic, innovative and fast-growing business. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer.
What's the role?
We’re looking for a versatile and successful sales professional to cover the Japan market - one of the largest in APAC. You’ll have the business vision and expertise as it pertains to financial market data and technology, to build successful sales strategies and execute on them quickly. You'll be responsible for generating revenue from our suite of data solutions that include Reference & Pricing, Regulatory, and Bloomberg Derived and Alternative datasets, through delivery mechanisms ranging from file-based delivery, streaming API's, to a fully managed Data Management Service. You'll work closely with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, and provide consultative solutions to foster and strengthen relationships.
In order to do this effectively, a deep understanding of the flow of data around a financial organization - which players use it for what purpose - is important, in addition to your credibility and experience in enterprise selling across the financial industry. Your active listening and consultative skills will also help demonstrate how the quality, reliability, and timeliness of Bloomberg content and services will help both end users and entire businesses improve their operation. This includes aligning with new regulations and leveraging our cutting edge technology to help streamline their supply chain, bringing value and generating efficiencies.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive annual sales and revenue targets for our Data solutions product suite
- Lead enterprise sales engagements from beginning to end, fully maximizing your experience in financial market data and technology
- Identify client needs by demonstrating expertise in the Financial Services market, as well as our suite of data products
- Acquire and maintain a good understanding of clients’ regulatory obligations, and how Bloomberg could work in partnership to help meet them
- Produce clear, concise proposals with an appropriate level of detail that identifies client challenges and how our solutions can address them
- Establish & execute on strategies for your target market, generate new pipeline, manage the deal process through the various stages of the sales cycle, and ultimately hit your annual sales target
- Form relationships across client organizations to ensure that all partners are led appropriately as part of the sales process
- Balance engagements across the sales life-cycle to maintain desired pipeline levels for long, medium, and short-term sales
- Interact with various level of stakeholders including C-level executives
You’ll need to have:
- Sales experience in a Financial Services or a Financial Technology company in the past 5 years
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise selling, specifically to financial institutions
- Consistent track record in sales pipeline management from lead generation to closing
- Experience establishing, developing and maintaining key relationships within strategic accounts, including senior client relationships at CxO level
- Data product expertise to build and maintain credibility with clients, identify gaps and recommend solutions
- Strong knowledge on the financial markets and regulatory landscape of both buy-side and sell-side firms
- Demonstrable experience with market data products, their utility and flow around financial institutions
- Proactive, motivated self-starter, comfortable in a fast paced client-driven environment, driving new business and expanding current client revenues
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English and Japanese
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
We’d also love to see:
- Hands on experience using the Bloomberg product suite
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.