Specialist Sales - Valuation & Regulatory Solutions (BVAL) Sales Specialist - Tokyo
Posted Dec 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 122295
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of data-sets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
Firms that commit to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Data allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
What's the role?
As a key member of our growing APAC team, you'll be responsible for bringing domain specialization on fixed income markets to sell our suite of Pricing and Regulatory Solutions such as BVAL, BVAL Derivatives, Credit Risk, FRTB, IBOR transition, Liquidity Risk assessment, IFRS9 and more. You will work very closely with the full spectrum of external clients and prospects, as well as with our internal sales teams, to win strategic deals.
You’ll be an experienced individual with in-depth knowledge of front, middle and back office operations for both Sellside and Buyside institutions. In this role, it is crucial to understand the importance of data in generating risk reports and in complying with industry regulations. You’ll be familiar with the flow of pricing data around a financial organization, who uses it and what for.
You'll be a good listener, and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients. You’ll demonstrate how the quality, coverage, transparency and independence of Bloomberg Enterprise Data helps automate operations by reducing total cost of ownership and facilitates compliance with new regulations. You’ll be comfortable interacting with C-level executives, experienced with long selling cycles and confident in communicating how our pricing and regulatory solutions will contribute to their overall business goals at a higher level.
We'll trust you to:
- Be detailed-oriented and utilize your strong product knowledge, technical skills, and market knowledge to develop and execute sales strategy for a diverse range of products and jurisdictions
- Understand financial regulations, how they impact our customers' investment decisions, and build data solutions to help them automate their regulatory obligations
- Utilize exemplary presentation, training and communication skills to articulate the features and benefits of Bloomberg’s Enterprise level products in great detail, so that you can act as a partner for your customers
- Demonstrate strong Fixed Income and/or OTC Derivatives product knowledge to provide high-level analytical and product expertise to clients and our sales force
- Influence the direction of our services by providing feedback to Bloomberg's Product Managers
- Formulate responses to both RFI/RFP and informal queries from prospects and clients
- Represent Bloomberg thought leadership in webinars
You'll need to have:
- Fluency in Japanese and Business level English
- Minimum 5 years of experience selling risk or regulatory products to the financial services industry or strong Fixed Income and/or OTC Derivatives product knowledge
- Proactive, motivated self-starter, comfortable in a demanding client-driven environment, driving new business and expanding current client revenue
- Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills
- Experience using Bloomberg and knowledge of market or credit risk applications
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits: Tokyo | www.bloomberg.com/tokyo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for